Windows 10: Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect

Discus and support Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Settings, Network and Internet are the options to disconnect or disable Wi-Fi. Please, what is the difference between the two? I am asking this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chipwood, Jul 28, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect

In Settings, Network and Internet are the options to disconnect or disable Wi-Fi. Please, what is the difference between the two?

I am asking this because my connection has become very flaky over the last month. This taken from the Event Log of a monitoring app, mainly when my system was inactive is illustrative.
    My router is a Billion 8800NL v1. and I am trying to find, if the problems are on the wireless side of the router, or elsewhere. I am confused because neither option seems to prevent items like my wife's IPad or our internet radio connecting wirelssly to the Net.

Am I being stupid; what am I doing wrong? Please help!

:)

chipwood, Jul 28, 2017

2. Windows at Randomly Hanging/Freezing

Could disconnect from the Internet completely (disable Wi-Fi, disconnect from Ethernet) then monitor how it behaves?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Wifi not turning on when I disconnect from Ethernet in Windows 10 - HELP!!

Hi,

From the above description, I see that you want Wi-Fi to be turned on automatically when I disconnect from Ethernet.

If the Wi-Fi is always turned on when you disconnect from Ethernet it will automatically connect to Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi is turned off when you disconnect from Ethernet, Wi-Fi will not connect or it will not turn on the Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi will not turn on automatically, but it will connect automatically if its turned on.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 28, 2017
  4. chipwood Win User

Have found in router an option to turn off wireless, but even turning it off does nothing. Inssider shows the Billion still transmitting.

chipwood, Jul 28, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Your problem has zero to do with Wifi. inSSIDer is a site survey tool to help find uncongested channels and best strength for wifi. Your issue is to get a technician to replace your modem if that is the problem, along with checking the telephone line all the way back to the Central office to see why the DSL modem keeps cycling.

bro67, Jul 28, 2017
  6. chipwood Win User
    *SmileIgnore inSSIDer then! I'm still confused, why whatever I do, I am unable to prevent things like the IPad and internet radio from operation, through they are not connected to the router with Ethernet. Am I wanting the impossible i.e. to stop the router communicating with the hardware mentioned?

You hit on one of my thoughts, and reasons for my efforts. I was, indeed, trying to work out if the router was the cause of my problems, before engaging the telephone service supplier with possible cost. On that the phone side has no sign of noise, which in UK can be checked by dialling a special number of the telephone service supplier.
    Do you personally, having mentioned the router in your response, suspect it to be the culprit?

chipwood, Jul 28, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Nothing confusing. You do not have a wifi issue, you have either a telephone line or DSL modem problem. Look at the log you posted. It shows that the DSL cannot keep a sync to the equipment at the Central Office.

Also it has zero to do with what you can hear ambient. DSL is a radio wave and behaves like Sonar. If it cannot get back that the equipment at the telephone is unable to keep a solid connection, your modem will start rebooting and should go between Green to no or Red DSL/Internet light.

Call your provider and put in a ticket to find out if it is your modem, a inside line issue or their problem from the building to the cabinet or switch office.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect - Similar Threads - Disable Disconnect

2. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  3. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  4. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to temporarily disable disconnected network drives but not delete them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to temporarily disable disconnected network drives but not delete them: Hi all,I work from home and require running a company VPN to have access to the drives I need for work. The problem is despite them being disconnected, while I'm not working, many programs including file explorer try to access these drives presumably to check capacity which...
  6. How to temporarily disable disconnected network drives but not delete them

How to temporarily disable disconnected network drives but not delete them: Hi all,I work from home and require running a company VPN to have access to the drives I need for work. The problem is despite them being disconnected, while I'm not working, many programs including file explorer try to access these drives presumably to check capacity which...
  7. How to temporarily disable disconnected network drives but not delete them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  9. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  10. Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!: Everything is enabled but stereo mix still isn't showing up. What should I do now? : I am currently running Win 11 insider built 22621 ni_release....