Windows 10: Wi-Fi doesn't auto connect on splash screen / login page after boot

Discus and support Wi-Fi doesn't auto connect on splash screen / login page after boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title said all. I actually have this problem with Win 8.1 as well. You can manually connect to the desired Wi-Fi without any problem (and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fireattack, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Wi-Fi doesn't auto connect on splash screen / login page after boot

Title said all.

I actually have this problem with Win 8.1 as well.

You can manually connect to the desired Wi-Fi without any problem (and the auto connect checkbox is checked and my user name and password is already there for what matters), but it won't auto connect.

As soon as I logged in, it instantly connected.

p.s. It needs to be from cold boot/reboot. The login page from locking/sleeping won't have this problem.

:)

fireattack, Aug 3, 2015

2. App for keeping alive a Wi-Fi connection?

Hi,

I'm looking for a Windows Phone 8 app with two main features:

a) keep alive Wi-Fi connection

b) store usernames and passwords for different Wi-Fi networks

The reason I'm looking this app for is most of the hotels use open Wi-Fi networks which require the user to go to a web page and enter a username and password. Also, many hotels use to kill the Wi-Fi connection after a certain period of time.

So far I've only found this app:
    Auto Login Open Wifi
    , but it have some issues and is poorly writen.

Cheers,

bearshare---01, Aug 3, 2015
  3. PC crashes at startup with different stop code everytime

I can boot up to see the splash screen, but it crashes right after the splash screen and before the login screen.

Praefervidus, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Wi-Fi doesn't auto connect on splash screen / login page after boot

1. Wi-Fi doesn't auto connect on splash screen / login page after boot - Similar Threads - doesn't auto connect

2. Windows 11 Wi fi not auto connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wi fi not auto connecting.: Not had any issues with this previously, but yesterday had new faster broadband installed. Connected the laptop, set it to auto connect, all seemed fine. Left the laptop for a while which puts itself into sleep mode when I'm not sitting in front of it and when I came back it...
  3. Windows 11 Wi fi not auto connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wi fi not auto connecting.: Not had any issues with this previously, but yesterday had new faster broadband installed. Connected the laptop, set it to auto connect, all seemed fine. Left the laptop for a while which puts itself into sleep mode when I'm not sitting in front of it and when I came back it...
  4. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  5. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  6. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

7. Wi-fi Auto-connection Priority

Wi-fi Auto-connection Priority: Hello,I'm using Windows11 and want to auto-connect to wi-fi even if computer is connected to other wi-fi. Namely, I want to connect the wi-fi which has the highest priority in available ones.There is any way to realize it?...
  8. Wi-fi Auto-connection Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Auto-connection Priority: Hello,I'm using Windows11 and want to auto-connect to wi-fi even if computer is connected to other wi-fi. Namely, I want to connect the wi-fi which has the highest priority in available ones.There is any way to realize it?...
  9. wi-fi connection and screen freezing

wi-fi connection and screen freezing: 2 questions since updating windows 10 I have had numerous problems the 2 main ones are (1) wi-fi connection sometimes works sometimes doesn't have run troubleshooter and it tell me the QUALCOMM Atheros AR956 WIRELESS ADAPTOR is experiencing driver or hard drive...
  10. Disable auto-connect to unkown Wi-Fi networks

Disable auto-connect to unkown Wi-Fi networks: My computer automatically connects to unknown open wifi. For example, when I work in a coffee shop, my computer selects any open wifi and connects to it. Then I disconnect from the network (and make sure auto-connection to that network is NOT selected). However, my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic splash screen wifi