Windows 10: Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Discus and support Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Setting up a hotspot on my asus laptop running windows 10 ,doesn't give the connected devices internet connection.I've tried netsh int ip reset,but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alligatorcampus, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Setting up a hotspot on my asus laptop running windows 10 ,doesn't give the connected devices internet connection.I've tried netsh int ip reset,but with no results.All the drivers are updated.The windows mobile hotspot function says "We can't set up a hotspot because your PC doesn't have an Ethernet,wifi or cellular data connection." Here is an album with pictures that might help. Imgur Thank you.*Smile

:)

alligatorcampus, Nov 14, 2016
  2. astra2025 Win User

WIFI REPEATER APP

Hi DREAMRICKZ,

Unfortunately there are no apps which allow you to connect a device to another device's Wi-Fi internet connection. This is for the simple reason that you can connect the second device (your Nokia 808 for example) to the same Wi-Fi hotspot as the first device
    (your N8).

I advise you to simply connect all of the devices you wish to connect to the internet to the same Wi-Fi access point.

Feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,

astra2025, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Joe Men Win User
    windows 10 mobile hotspot problem

What you're experiencing with the connection speed is normal.

Sharing your Internet using the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot's feature will fractionalize the speed of the Internet connection.

Since your computer is also connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, we recommend that you connect your mobile device directly to the Wi-Fi instead of using your computer as the hotspot.

Regards.

Joe Men, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Brink, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices [​IMG]

6. (it was a clean install of windows 10,not an upgrade)

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you currently connected to your Wi-Fi network on this computer?

Brink, Nov 14, 2016
  8. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

No,im using an ethernet cable

alligatorcampus, Nov 15, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When you have "Mobile hotspot" settings open and get that error message, see if clicking on any one of the other settings (ex: "Airplane mode") and back on "Mobile hotspot" will let you set it afterwards.

I find I have to toggle it doing this as well before it will let me actually set it.

Brink, Nov 15, 2016
  10. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices [​IMG]

11. i m guessing it should say ''internet",right?

does that mean its just a wrong setting or something?

12. Adalwar Win User
    I think, even using a Mobile Phone at Internet Access point , it should be working.
    You need to put Mobile Phone in Hot Spot mode, Connect your PC via WiFI to Phone and after that you can use Windows Mobile Hotspot feature.

Adalwar, Nov 15, 2016
  13. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Thank you for your advice,but it didnt help *Sad

alligatorcampus, Nov 16, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    alligatorcampus,

If the laptop's broadband connection is set as a metered connection, it may be preventing it from being used as a mobile hotspot.

You might test by setting it to not be metered, see if you can setup the mobile hotspot, and set it back to be metered afterwards if successful.

Brink, Nov 16, 2016
  15. Adalwar Win User
    Try Troubleshooting
    Try Network Reset (Available in Settings>Network & Internet)
    Try to Disable Firewall

Adalwar, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

1. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices - Similar Threads - hotspot internet connection

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  5. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  6. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wi-fi connected but no internet access

Wi-fi connected but no internet access: Hello microsoft , i am again facing same problem that my wifi is connected and working in browser, but showing no internet access. And when i am trying open ms store, or other apps like amazon it is showing no internet connection. So kindly fix this problem. Thank you!...
  8. I'm connected to Wi-Fi but not to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm connected to Wi-Fi but not to the internet: TP-Link WM72GN adapter running in windows 10 pro. Driver appears to be Realtek 8818cu or something along the lines. It used to do this a lot but it would fix itself after a wifi reboot or after some time but now it just kind of stopped working and I can't have a consistent...
  9. PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot: After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not have internet access. Every other device in the house connects just fine, and my pc will connect to my cellular hotspot...
  10. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.: Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm living on a University Residence. -I started with this problems last week. -As the router is quite far from my room, i'm...