Windows 10: Wi-fi icon greyed out

Discus and support Wi-fi icon greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how it happened, but for some reason the wi-fi icon on my Acer laptop is now greyed out and when I click on the internet icon to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tykerjb, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Tykerjb Win User

Wi-fi icon greyed out

I don't know how it happened, but for some reason the wi-fi icon on my Acer laptop is now greyed out and when I click on the internet icon to display available connections, there's nothing there.

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see (or don't see) that will hopefully shed a bit of light on the problem I'm having and hope somebody can help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
    Ray

Wi-fi icon greyed out [​IMG]

:)

Tykerjb, Dec 19, 2015

2. Wi-Fi icon mostly greyed out

Yes I have a BT Hub6. I also have a Windows 7 desktop and a Windows 8.1 laptop. They are both OK.

The wi-fi icon on my Windows 10 was fine until after the Fall Creators Update finished. It was then that my wi-fi icon got greyed out and has been ever since. Looking on the internet I see this has happened to many people also asking why their wi-fi icon
    is greyed out.

Mine occasionally is all highlighted for about 1 second. sometimes the whole lot is greyed out and I lose my connection then it pops on again.

This is all due to the Fall Creators Update.

I have had this Windows 10 laptop for about 2 years and there was nothing wrong with my wi-fi until that update.

PatriciaGoodall, Dec 19, 2015
  3. wi-fi icon greyed out

Ever since the Fall Creators Update my Wi-Fi icon is greyed out except for the little dot. The bars are greyed out. When I do manage to get on the net it drops and I have to wait for the little dot to highlight. This event occurred the day of the update.
    Had been using laptop earlier, logged off. A couple of hours later I got the FCU. When I went to use my laptop I saw the Wi-Fi icon greyed out!

PatriciaGoodall, Dec 19, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Wi-fi icon greyed out

Hi,
    Go to Device manager (Right click start and select Device Manager), expand network adapters and check the driver version, if there's a driver installed, uninstall it and reboot, the Windows will find a driver or you can get the latest driver from Acer support site:Service & Support | Acer Official Site

brummyfan, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Tykerjb Win User
    That did the trick. Thanks very much, & Merry Christmas & Happy New Year one and all.

Tykerjb, Dec 24, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    You are welcome*Smile

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wi-fi icon greyed out

1. Wi-fi icon greyed out - Similar Threads - icon greyed

2. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  3. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  4. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  5. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  6. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  7. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  8. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. action center icon greyed out

action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  10. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task bar Wi-fi icon greyed out

2. internet icon is greyed out