Windows 10: wi-fi icon

Discus and support wi-fi icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomgil, Jul 7, 2018.

1. tomgil Win User

wi-fi icon

... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up.

:)

tomgil, Jul 7, 2018

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused wi-fi icon :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Jul 7, 2018
  4. wi-fi icon

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

wi-fi icon

1. wi-fi icon - Similar Threads - icon

2. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  3. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

8. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  9. my icons are completely messed up

my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  10. how to turn a bookmark into an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn a bookmark into an icon: how to turn a bookmark into an icon on window 10 enterprise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-a-bookmark-into-an-icon/3e039236-0843-4b54-ad6f-aaac1ef5bcc0