Windows 10: Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Discus and support Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jj2016, Jun 13, 2017.

1. jj2016 Win User

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help.

Tried the following, still isn't working.

Fix: Windows 10 will not connect to WIFI Automatically - Appuals.com

:)

jj2016, Jun 13, 2017

2. Wifi not turning on when I disconnect from Ethernet in Windows 10 - HELP!!

Hi,

From the above description, I see that you want Wi-Fi to be turned on automatically when I disconnect from Ethernet.

If the Wi-Fi is always turned on when you disconnect from Ethernet it will automatically connect to Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi is turned off when you disconnect from Ethernet, Wi-Fi will not connect or it will not turn on the Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi will not turn on automatically, but it will connect automatically if its turned on.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 13, 2017
  3. GPENTSY Win User
    TROUBLE CONNECTING TO WI-FI

Verizon Lumia Icon. When I leave the house and connect to another Wi-Fi upon returning home it will not connect automatically to my Wi-Fi. If I do not connect to another WI-FI when I return home it automatically connects.

To get it to connect I have to turn the phone off and then on again or do a soft reset. Then it connects automatically to my Wi-Fi.

It gives me the message "your phone can't connect to the Wi-Fi network Linksys" which is my network. It does have the icon that my network is there with a full signal and it is secured. If I turn the phone off and then on again or do a soft reset it connects
    automatically to my WI-FI.

GPENTSY, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Hi jj2016.

First thing I would do, power off router, count to 25, power on. Restart your computer.

If you could confirm the status of this service please.

Windows key + S, types in Services, the services app should come to top of list. Click.

When the Services open scroll down to WLAN Auto Config.

The startup type should be "Automatic".

If not right click, select properties and make it so.

Next I would do a complete Network Reset. Your wireless passwords will be erased.

Start=>Settings=>Network & internet=> scroll down right hand side, at the bottom, Reset Network.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It could be something as simple as the router's WiFi password having been changed and your connection is still trying to connect with the old one. If so, in 'Settings > WiFi > Manage known networks' tell it to 'Forget' the existing connection then set up a new one with the new password.

6. jj2016 Win User
    Didn't work. Password is same.

jj2016, Jun 14, 2017
  7. Sorry, what didn't work.

Did you check setting on that service I listed and did you reset network?

I would also power off router, count to 25 and power up. Not likely router but it's a simple thing to check.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

1. Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically - Similar Threads - Connecting Automatically

2. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  3. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  4. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  5. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  6. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  7. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  8. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  9. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  10. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75