Windows 10: Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

Discus and support Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MetalOverlord, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter.

For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm connected to the Wi-Fi with no issues at all, then suddenly I get disconnected and I don't get reconnected automatically. When I go into the Wi-Fi connections to manually reconnect, it attempts to connect for like 5 seconds, the Wi-Fi settings close and reopen, and then I am given the message "Can't connect to network." Sometimes the same thing happens, but instead of the list of available Wi-Fi connections remaining the same, they all disappear and I am Given the message "No connections available." Other times, my home Wi-Fi disappears entirely, and at other times, all the available Wi-Fi signals' connection strength is reduced to just one bar, including my own. About a month or two ago, I refreshed my computer to get rid of all programs, but I kept all my documents since I had important stuff there. The issue still persisted, so I assumed that it was either A) an issue with the router or B) an issue with the computer's hardware, not software.

We recently replaced our router (just yesterday in fact) thinking that the router was the one causing the issue (this had never happened before with any other router other than our previous one). The whole day yesterday, the internet was working perfectly up until around 2 a.m., where it disconnected and refused to connect again until I restarted my computer. It happened another 2 or three times, and that's when I realized it was an issue with the computer.

I attempted to reconnect to the Wi-Fi while having the Network Adapter Settings window open to see if there was something I could find out, and I noticed something interesting. Right as the Wi-Fi connections window closed and reopened, I noticed that the Wi-Fi adapter blinked from just disconnected, to the icon that is shown when the adapter is disabled, and then back to disconnected. It was as if the Wi-Fi adapter reset by itself in a fraction of a second, and with that, I deduced that the issue was with the Wi-Fi adapter card. Now that I have isolated the problem area however, I don't know how to proceed. Is there something I'm not seeing here? Do I order a new Wi-Fi Adapter card? Do I attempt to search for driver updates? And if so, where can I search?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

:)

MetalOverlord, Jul 17, 2018

2. Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Norton Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting [​IMG]

theveterans, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

1. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting - Similar Threads - Network Adapter randomly

2. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  3. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  4. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  5. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. the wi-fi network disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the wi-fi network disconnects: I have a windows 10 laptop and I am facing an issue in which the wifi automatically disconnects while I am working. I have to troubleshoot in the network & internet settings and then it reconnects. Earlier I thought that maybe I am away from the router so this might happen...
  8. Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...: I have another laptop created by ASUS the OEM 1-2 years ago with a brand nameX407MA-BV201T with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Celeron N4000 and with a legitimate Windows 10 Home Single Language license already programmed by the OEM on the device which makes it easier to activate....
  9. Wi Fi disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi Fi disconnects randomly: Hi everyone, I am having problems with the Wifi in my computer. What happens is that sometimes in the past couple weeks my WiFi just disconnected por no reason and wouldn't reconnect, it tries and connects for a minute and disconnects again. I used to fix it by restarting my...
  10. Random Wi-Fi disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Wi-Fi disconnections: Hey all, So for the past 2 weeks (at least) I've been having the most annoying internet connection issues. Normally it occurs when I'm downloading something or playing video games, however it has also occurred when browsing or writing essays in Word. The connection...