Windows 10: Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Discus and support Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N Baranwal, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Hi,

I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for that matter. However windows updates, HP drivers update using HP Support Assistant etc are not working as they are showing as no internet connected.

I have tried windows default troubleshooter and resetting network adapters using information available on internet but nothing has worked.

I have got fed up with such poor performance of windows 10. Kindly help.

:)

N Baranwal, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Marivel Man, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

1. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers - Similar Threads - showing connected internet

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.: Windows shows no internet, but I can still browse with the web browser. Microsoft Store seems to work aswell. Windows Update does not work, so I can't install any updates. I get error code "0x80248007" on all the pending updates. I get no errors on device manager.Network...
  5. Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.

Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.: Windows shows no internet, but I can still browse with the web browser. Microsoft Store seems to work aswell. Windows Update does not work, so I can't install any updates. I get error code "0x80248007" on all the pending updates. I get no errors on device manager.Network...
  6. Wi-Fi not Showing connections!

Wi-Fi not Showing connections!: hello! I have installed windows 10 and trying to connect my Wi-Fi but cant, While i click the Wi-Fi its freeze and not responding or show Wi-Fi connections. I have reinstall drivers, uncheck the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, troubleshooter tells me...
  7. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  8. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  9. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.: Hello!! Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable. But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter how many times I use a different cable. However I'm still able to connect by using Wi-Fi, but when I plug in my Ethernet...