Windows 10: Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi Communication in Windows 10 Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

How to: Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi Communication in Windows 10

Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network (WLAN) technology and standard that uses high-frequency radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network connections.

This tutorial will show you how to only turn on or off Wi-Fi communication for your Windows 10 PC.

*note If you turn on airplane mode, it will automatically turn off all Bluetooth and wireless communication. However, you will still be able to turn on or off your individual Bluetooth and wireless communication.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi with Key or Switch
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi from Wireless Network Icon on Taskbar
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Action Center
    • Option Four: To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Wi-Fi Settings
    • Option Five: To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Airplane Mode Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi with Key or Switch
    1. Some Windows 10 PCs or devices will have a key on the keyboard or physical switch to turn on or off Wi-Fi. (see screenshots below)

Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi from Wireless Network Icon on Taskbar
    1. Click/tap on the wireless network system icon on the taskbar notification area.

2. Click/tap on the Wi-Fi action button to toggle on or off. (see screenshots below)

3. If you turned off Wi-Fi, you can select when to Turn Wi-Fi back on. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Action Center
    1. Open Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Wi-Fi quick action button to toggle on or off. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Wi-Fi Settings
    *note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946, Microsoft has added a new setting to the Wi-Fi settings page. When you turn Wi-Fi off, you can now select a time under Turn Wi-Fi back on to have it turn on automatically after the amount of time you choose. It’s set to Manually by default in this build.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn On Wi-Fi
    A) Click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, turn on Wi-Fi on the right side, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Turn Off Wi-Fi
    A) Click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, turn off Wi-Fi on the right side. (see screenshot below)

B) Select when to Turn Wi-Fi back on, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Airplane Mode Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Wi-Fi on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 12, 2016

2. Wifi turn off instantaneously

Hello,

I have been having issues with windows 10 wi-fi i try to turn it on but it turns off instantly

and i really need wi-fi i really hope you could help me it the next 24h, Thanks,

My Wi-fi keeps turning off- Original Title

robertminaz, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Unable to switch Wi-Fi option Off on Windows 10.

Original Title: Wi-Fi Won't Turn OFF (Windows 10)

I have gone into my Network & Internet settings and repeatedly tried to disconnect from a Wi Fi connection. No joy.

I have also tried to simply turn Wi Fi OFF, but I get the busy swirl, then it gets turned back on again. I do not feel secure without the ability to control when Wi Fi is activated or not.

LostInSpace88, Oct 12, 2016
  4. omidsolo Win User

I cannot find the registry key to turn it off or on, please advise *Smile

omidsolo, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off

2. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  3. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  4. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  5. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  6. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  7. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  8. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login: Hello,Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off due a software installation, now I am unable to login.If I click on log in, i getting error need to set a new pin.If I click on shift and restart. Advance option goes to email login. I have...
  10. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853