Windows 10: Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

Discus and support Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting. Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Watoh, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Watoh Win User

Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting.

Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth. However my wi-fi is being a bit temperamental. After boot up, reboot or resume from sleep the wi-fi does not automatically connect. Manually connecting fails. However right clicking on the wi-fi symbol in the taskbar and selecting 'troubleshoot problems' fixes the wi-fi in about 2 seconds. So this is what I have to do every time now, not the end of the world but none the less annoying. It will work flawlessly until a reboot or enter sleep. Troubleshoot gives no details or indication as to the problem.

My wifi card in device manager is ID as: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN on a Lenovo Thinkpad T61

Thanks for any pointers or help.

:)

Watoh, Aug 23, 2015
  2. helpbuio Win User

No Wi-Fi after sleep, Windows 10 Pro boot camp driver install, Macbook Pro retina late 2013

Hi Punith,

thank you for your help, i read the guides you linked and tried some solutions.

After the sleep this happens:

i resume from sleep

in my device manager the network adapter is called network adapter #2

try to connect normally to the network, but this Wi-Fi 2 don't remember my credentials

i re-type them

it does not connect without any error message

i persevere in the same exact manner

re-type credentials

it connects! putting in sleep and waking up causes no problem now.

But if i reboot, the network adapter has no number in the device manager

i put to sleep and re-woke up

Wi-Fi 2 does not connect automatically, bu if i connect manually it remembers the credentials.

so the problem now is only that after the first sleep after boot it does not connect automatically, and Wi-Fi network adapter acquires this odd #2

I see this is not a major problem but what can i do to make it wake-after-sleep not assigning this #2 network?

Thank you for your time,

buio

helpbuio, Aug 23, 2015
  3. SMS texting is inconsistent. Phone doesn't recover from coming off of wi-fi if mobile data is disabled.

I have an HTC Radar 4G running latest 7.10 upgrade. I have cellular data turned off. If I use wi-fi, once I leave the Wi-Fi, sms texting won't work until I reboot the phone. This is very repeatable. If I'm on Wi-Fi the sms texting works fine until the
    phone goes to sleep and drops the wif-fi connection (i.e. I leave the area with the wifi) then the sms stops working. Once I reboot texting works again until I use Wi-Fi again. This wasn't an issue when I had cellular data enabled. It's as if the O.S. tries
    to connect to a data network when the Wi-Fi drops and can't recognize anything if cellular data is off until rebooting. Previous versions of the O.S. behaved this way as well.

Chris_S_KY, Aug 23, 2015
  4. ramram55 Win User

This is the intel wifi card famous for wifi problem, I came across sony vaio ultrabook (2013 make)SVP1321DCXS searching this on amazon customers review mention wifi problem, along with PC that has this wifi card. This problem exists all along with wins 7, 8 and 8.1, I had one Sony 2008 edition has exact same problem with yours. Like you said this is not the end of the world yet it is the end of Sony PC. Beware of Intel wifi card, beware the ides of march when friends carry daggers.

ramram55, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Watoh Win User
    Hmmm, been running this laptop for 6+ years without any wi-fi issues. Laptop was originally built on Vista, then 7 now 10, but have only had this problem on Win 10.

Thanks for your input *Smile

Watoh, Aug 23, 2015
  6. ramram55 Win User
    you are welcome, next time look for non-intel network adapter.

ramram55, Aug 23, 2015
  7. ramram55 Win User
    4965ABG link is my device manager on wifi. Just fyi.

ramram55, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Watoh Win User

Anyone got any helpful troubleshooting for this?

Thanks

Watoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep. - Similar Threads - unable connect reboot

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  4. Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep: Hello! I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me. In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and...
  5. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi today

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi today: My Galaxy Notebook SM-W720NZKBBTU connected to the internet one day then not the next. Only other device is a PC which is working properly. I disconnected the router and started it up again. There is not even an option of wireless networks to connect to. Nothing! Can...
  6. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: Good afternoon, Following the recent Windows 10 Update it took much longer for my PC to establish an internet connection. This then became intermittent and now it won't do it at all. It will say it's connected to the network, and that it has internet access although it...
  7. Wi-Fi Connection in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi Connection in Sleep Mode: I am new to Windows 10 and have a question regarding Wi-Fi connection. I have set up my laptop to allow registered user access to my laptop files. I have discovered that this access is available when the laptop is asleep (different than my Win7 laptop). I see a selection to...
  8. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode: Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me. I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue. *...
  9. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: I am having problem in connecting to Wi-fi as the icon went missing.Earlier the wifi was connected but now since i tried to reset the connection I am unable to connect.Also its showing this as network status.Please help.[ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: Hey so my internet seems to flicker between working and having a mini x on the icon which means theres no internet connection. Many sites and videos say to go under change adaptor options and enable Wi-Fi but that icon doesn't even appear on it. Is there a way to bring it...