Windows 10: Widows login

Discus and support Widows login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; "Incorrect User name or Password" At login I get this message. I can manually enter my correct password and access the computer. Apparently the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by timkieper, Jul 12, 2018.

1. timkieper Win User

Widows login

"Incorrect User name or Password"

At login I get this message. I can manually enter my correct password and access the computer. Apparently the incorrect password is stored internally ?

I would like to correct this so the computer can automatically log me in .

Or, Change the setup so no password is needed at login.

Comments welcome

:)

timkieper, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2018
  3. prbigo91 Win User
    No login prompt in Widows 10

I may have a solution that has worked for me.

Over a month ago, I started having the problem with the login prompt and user not showing up on the login screen. This occurred both on the screen saver lock and when I would boot my computer from a shutdown. When I would Restart my computer, the login would show up to log into Windows, but after this, I would again encounter the login not showing up when my computer would lock from the screen saver or if I did a shutdown or put my computer to sleep.

As this kept on happening, I did notice that my shutdown would do something weird and my boot-up from a shutdown would not do a proper startup. I was researching all options I could find with this problem and could not find a solution. Nonetheless, I kept on running the "sfc /scannow" with no errors, did registry cleanups, uninstalled and reinstalled all my Bluetooth and wireless drivers, etc. The uninstall and reinstall of the wireless drivers temporarily fixed it, but it would immediately go back to the missing login.

I then decided to try stopping the fast boot, given the corky shutdowns and boot-ups. After I turned off the fast boot, this seemed to stop the missing login, in both the boot-up from a full shutdown and when I would lock my computer while it was in Windows. And to add to this, the black screen when I would lock my computer went away and started showing my screen image again.

To stop the fast boot, click on this link for step by step instructions. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I hope this works for others who are having this problem.

prbigo91, Jul 12, 2018
  4. AndySharp Win User

Widows login

No login prompt in Widows 10

Hi

The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access the computer. Unfortunately this screen does not appear, just the image. What does appear is the network icon, the ease of use icon and the shutdown icon and nothing else.

By forcing a startup repair, I managed to get into safe mode where the login prompt and list of users did appear. I was then able to log into Windows 10 OK.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

AndySharp, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Widows login

1. Widows login - Similar Threads - Widows login

2. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  3. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  4. Widows 10 error wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 10 error wont install: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10-error-wont-install/24c82415-0554-452e-a8de-215f38499d6a
  5. Widows 10 error wont install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Widows 10 error wont install: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10-error-wont-install/24c82415-0554-452e-a8de-215f38499d6a
  6. Widows 10 error wont install

7. What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!!: What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-pin-that-you-ask-for-just-trying-to/0fc03c95-983d-4f3d-a400-b96637875ef9
  8. What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!!

What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!!: What is my pin that you ask for... just trying to login after buying widows. SO FRUSTRATED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-pin-that-you-ask-for-just-trying-to/0fc03c95-983d-4f3d-a400-b96637875ef9
  9. Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen): I run a triple monitor setup and the startup screen is stretched to the max (see image) [img] Is there any way to fix this so the image is visible or will it be forever stretched? any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tim 133897
  10. No login prompt in Widows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt in Widows 10: Hi The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access the computer. Unfortunately this screen does not appear, just the image. What does appear is the network icon, the ease of...