Windows 10: Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ?

Discus and support Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will try to keep it as organized as I can and mention as much info as I can. First off, I'm neither a tech expert, nor am I a caveman. So bear with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DoTheStrut, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ?

I will try to keep it as organized as I can and mention as much info as I can.
    First off, I'm neither a tech expert, nor am I a caveman. So bear with me.

So the issue is that I can't join sessions / matches in P2P games. I can play fine with my PS3 but not on my Laptop. I will use GTA Online as an example because it's the one that I've done the most research about.

- I tried using a wired connection instead of wireless, and my static IP is on the wired connection.
    - I went through many forums and the Rockstar support articles and forwarded all the ports that GTA needs but to no avail.
    - I allowed the ports through my firewall as well, adding both inbound and outbound rules for each port.
    - I tried disabling windows defender completely. ( I have no other antivirus software )
    - I tried resetting my router and adding all the ports again.
    - I tried the IPconfig commands [ Release, Renew ... etc ] and the flush DNS command as well.
    - I also tried many other small fixes that I cant even remember.

I went on to GTA online today on my PS3 and pulled this info, maybe it helps :

IP Address : 192.168.1.5 ( I didn't adjust any IP settings on my ps3 before so it should have a dynamic IP, not a static one ... right ? )

Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

Default router ( gateway ), Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS are all the same [ 192.168.1.1 ]

UPnP : Not available

NAT Type : Type 2

Also my router's model is Huawei HG531 V1. It's a cheap router and it I don't think it has this DMZ / Bridge mode option that many people recommended trying. I also don't have a modem, I think. It's just a wire coming out of a socket in the wall that connects to a cable filter and from that filter comes out 2 wires, one for my router and one for my telephone. If there's a modem, I don't know where it is.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Back on topic.
    Just to be clear, my problem with GTA Online isn't entering the game itself, but joining other people.
    So for example I can join public sessions, invite only sessions .. etc, but I can't join any jobs with other people or any sessions with other people.
    This does not only happen with GTA Online, but also on other P2P online games. I join the match then 1 or 2 seconds after, all the players freeze and I'm kicked out.

I think I can rule out some possible causes of the problem ?
    1) My router, since my ps3 works fine on the same exact cable that I use for my laptop.
    2) My internet speed. Same reason as above.

Sorry if the post is confusing or boring, I tried my best. Let me know if I need to run any more tests or gather any more info to help someone help me.

:)

DoTheStrut, Apr 7, 2017
  2. Pait Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

>> Upon further research on you issue, it appears to be that the online game that you're playing needs the BITS functionality.

Can you please link me to the research that substantiates your claim that Overwatch requires BITS?

I am manually disabling BITS every time I reboot and everything functions properly without the network latency problems that running BITS introduced.

>> Can you turn off all P2P, downloads to all the devices and play the game.

I do not have any P2P downloads or uploads going when in game. The Blizzard App is technically a P2P application, but it stops P2P activity once I start Overwatch (the game).

>> Check your other online game that you're playing if you are experiencing the same issue.

I am not playing any other online games.

Here is a screenshot showing network activity after booting up my computer and simply running Overwatch. I have highlighted the offending process. Please help me in either permanently disabling it or finding a way to have it not impact the operation of my
    application.

Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ? [​IMG]

Pait, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Connecting n95 to laptop using Ad Hoc

One can't use Adhoc networking accessing the internet! Adhoc is for P2P or peer to peer. You won't need your laptop to connect to the access point which your laptop is connected, the phone can directly connect to the internet via that particular access
    point your laptop is using.

android---01, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ?

1. Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ? - Similar Threads - Wierd issue Laptop

2. Facing wierd Wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing wierd Wifi issue: Facing wifi issue on my laptop maybe because of wifi drivers. I'm able to connect to the wifi but it's not working on any browser. No problem with the router but with the laptop settings ig. Tried network reset and dns flushing, no progress...
  3. Facing wierd Wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facing wierd Wifi issue: Facing wifi issue on my laptop maybe because of wifi drivers. I'm able to connect to the wifi but it's not working on any browser. No problem with the router but with the laptop settings ig. Tried network reset and dns flushing, no progress...
  4. Wierd Network Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierd Network Connection: Ive had a problem with my internet for a week now, and when i looked at the Resurce Monitor today, i saw this wierd network connection.The name of the connection is - for some reason, does anyone know if this is malware or not?...
  5. Wierd Network Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wierd Network Connection: Ive had a problem with my internet for a week now, and when i looked at the Resurce Monitor today, i saw this wierd network connection.The name of the connection is - for some reason, does anyone know if this is malware or not?...
  6. Wierd Wi-Fi Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wierd Wi-Fi Issue: Sometimes, I repeat only sometimes, Only my laptop will behave so wierdly, it's connected to the home network, and in those times I get...wel..not slow speeds, but wierd speeds. So, it's like they come in chunk. Say I have opened 5 tabs, all of them are loading. For like a...
  7. p2p

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    p2p: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/p2p%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD%E5%99%A8%E6%80%8E%E4%B9%88/336c8ccf-a022-4c2c-bbb2-ac7d60a99ed0
  8. Wierd keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd keyboard issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Assblaster900000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx3vof/wierd_keyboard_issue/
  9. Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd changes to my laptop overnight: So I opened my laptop this morning and right after I enter my password and log in to the computer, it restarted and here are some things that I noticed: - Kaspersky has disappeared from my computer and whenever I try to open it from the shortcut it says that the file has...
  10. 2 wierd issues with my laptop??

in Windows 10 Support
    2 wierd issues with my laptop??: Hey Everybody, I have a newer laptop that is a Dell, now I reinstalled windows 10 without the Dell bloat and now when I first bootup I have to hit CTRL + ALT + DEL to get the password window to show up even tho I did not enable that feature in Windows.. I t does not do that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an issue with my laptop vac wont game online