Windows 10: Wierd Problem- please help!

Discus and support Wierd Problem- please help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro everything went smoothly I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Robinb9 Win User

Wierd Problem- please help!

I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro
    everything went smoothly
    I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down
    When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black.
    I have a mouse but that is about it
    I tried shutting it down and rebooting-same thing
    How can i fix this?

:)

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015
  2. bryce0505 Win User

Wierd glitch please help!!!

The past couple days my computer is acting like I'm holding down he space bar. At first I thought I broke my keyboard so I got a new one but when I put in the new one it still is happening, even when a keyboard is not plugged it's like a space bar is being
    held down. The only way to fix this is to restart my computer and even then it happens short after. It's impossible to use this PC . Please help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

bryce0505, Feb 12, 2015
  3. Wierd glitch please help!!!

First I'd try a
    System Restore
    to a point before the problem began. If Windows is not stable enough then use one of the methods here to access

Advanced Startup Options
    including to
    Create Windows 10 Installation Media
    to boot via the
    BIOS Boot Menu Key
    (as a UEFI device if offered) into the Repair console on second screen, then Advanced Troubleshoot options for System Restore.

If that fails work through the Windows 10 Install Integrity
    Checklist
    to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs are done.

If any steps cannot be performed then try whichever method works here
    How to enter Windows 10's Safe Mode
    to get into Safe Mode with Networking which may work better to perform all of the steps, or from the
    Advanced Startup Options
    use the Command Prompt at boot to run Repair Commands in the
    Checklist.

If you’ll report back as you go, we may have other steps that are indicated. We will help you complete them all.

Remember however that the Upgrade and/or Factory installs are inferior installs which most tech enthusiasts would never run in the first place. For the best possible install look over these steps for doing a
    Clean Install Windows 10
    which is the gold standard install in an OS where the quality of the install is everything.

Short of that there is an automated Reset Your Windows 10 PC
    which reinstalls the OS but doesn’t clear the hard drive to get it cleanest. Both of the above require reinstalling Programs and settings, however you can keep files, programs and most settings and still reinstall the OS by doing a
    Windows 10 Repair Upgrade which
    can fix many problems that the Checklist repairs cannot.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 12, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. Dude Win User
    I just rebooted to W10, trying the F8 and it didn't work for me. I am running a dual boot. I would try another install. Take the graphics driver that works in W8 and put it on a flash drive. During the install, select the option to install a driver (F6 if I remember right) and load it during install. It appears to be a driver problem I think.

6. Edwin New Member
    Try shut down and power up 3 times. Sounds stupid, but it worked for me twice.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    That is not strange at all. If it works Robin, you should update your graphics driver next.

8. Robinb9 Win User

well i finally got it to work by going into safe mode, which the only way i could do this was hold the f8 button down when it first booted up, once there, i noticed there were ms updates. So i did them rebooted everything was fine.
    So I figured lets see what happens on a hard boot- shut it down, waitied about 10 min and restarted it now it went in- no black screen.
    I then went into device manager and asked windows to search for a new driver, it came back it did not need it.
    So far it is working, maybe it just needed the 3 updates

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Sounds good, keep us posted

10. Robinb9 Win User
    Will do. Thanks
    i need a video of 10 preview to download to show at my seminar, there is one inside windows 10, does anyone know where it actually is so i can copy it? And put it on my laptop?

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
  12. Robinb9 Win User
    That one is not bad as long as i have internet but if not i am looking for the one i can dowload and just play it if i do not have internet

Robinb9, Feb 13, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

Using the link provided by Dude and the Ant.com toolbar for Firefox [also available for IE] I downloaded the 9.9MB .mp4 video. Should be possible to convert it to a format playable from a CD but I've not yet done such converting. Or just save and play it from Windows Media Player.

Berton, Feb 13, 2015
  14. Robinb9 Win User
    I will try that. Thanks

Robinb9, Feb 13, 2015
  15. Dude Win User
    Good luck, as far as converting I use a program called format factory. If you try it, be careful on the install to not accept the junkware apps. The program works good for me.

Thema:

1. Wierd Problem- please help! - Similar Threads - Wierd Problem please

2. Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help: Hello, for the past months I've been recieving multiple Window crashes when playing games.Things I've done:- Reset windows- Clean install of windows with USB- Downgrading to Windows 10- Updating graphic drivers- Running memcheck all 4 passes passedI'm seriously lost on what...
  3. Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help: Hello, for the past months I've been recieving multiple Window crashes when playing games.Things I've done:- Reset windows- Clean install of windows with USB- Downgrading to Windows 10- Updating graphic drivers- Running memcheck all 4 passes passedI'm seriously lost on what...
  4. Very wierd crashes whilst playing games please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help

BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help: I've been having BSOD crashes lately and I've been trying to search for the causes and fixes. I used Memtest86 and came out with no issues, I also used OCCT and came out with no issues with my GPU. I've had BSOD with 3 different stop codes: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION,...
  6. Can some one help with this Wierd PowerShell event log entry, Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can some one help with this Wierd PowerShell event log entry, Please: Looking through my power shell log i noticed a new entry: HostApplication=powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Command $Res = 0; ifGet-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName IIS-WebServerRole.State -eq 'Enabled' { $Path = $env:windir +...
  7. microphone problems please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone problems please help: Recently out of nowhere, I lost connection to all my microphones steel series arctis 7, hyper x quad cast all are USB microphones. Still, for some reason, the only microphone working is my webcam microphone. When they just stopped working, they are just silent. The weird...
  8. Please help with this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  9. Help wierd app display

Help wierd app display: Hi I've been having trouble with my pc I pressed something and have no Idea how to undo it... So what has happened is that it has made the apps huge on my screen and very untidy, as well as some are inside each other... help...
  10. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...