Windows 10: Wife's PC asks for password on home network.

Discus and support Wife's PC asks for password on home network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; She doesn't use a password to log on to her Windows 10 PC. Her user name is her email address when the "Enter Network Credentials" window pops up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PoulsboMike, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Wife's PC asks for password on home network.

She doesn't use a password to log on to her Windows 10 PC. Her user name is her email address when the "Enter Network Credentials" window pops up when access is attempted from other computers. Her email password does not work here. We don't know what password it might be expecting. We've run NETPLWIZ on her machine and cleared the "users must enter a user name and password" box. This has no effect.

Anyone know how to get around this problem? TIA.

:)

PoulsboMike, Mar 3, 2016

2. Shared printer on Creators Update PC ; now asked for userid and password when try to print to it from another PC

I have a mini PC running Win 10 Home 32bit that I use as a print server for my home network. The local userid on the mini PC has no password. Before the installation of the Creators Update other PCs (Win 10 and Linux) on the home network could print to the
    mini PC print server just fine without needing to specify userid and password.

After installing Creators Update, other PCs are being asked to authenticate with userid and password on print jobs but a null password is not accepted. So I can no longer print from the PCs on my home network to the shared printers.

How do I stop the Creators Update PC from asking for userid and password for print jobs ?

Ron

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Ron Hewett, Mar 3, 2016
  3. PBAPaul Win User
    Store not using correct MS Account

My wife's Microsoft Account was initially OK. Recently it has been giving problems and so today she reset the password successfully. The account works on her Windows phone and everything seems to be OK on her PC. However, if she goes to the Store and tries
    to download any apps then she is asked for the password to my L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. There seems no way to get Store to recognise her MS Account.

MY MS Account works fine on my computer and uses an email address of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . My wife's MS Account uses her email address of
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. We have a home network which is working OK after I had reset permissions etc for the network after my wife had changed her MS Account password. Does anyone have any ideas please?

PBAPaul, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Wife's PC asks for password on home network.

In the Network Sharing Center | Advanced Sharing Settings | All Networks section you can turn off password protected sharing. That did the trick. I don't know what the stuff in NetplWiz is all about.

PoulsboMike, Mar 3, 2016
  5. The NetplWiz app is for configuring login options on that local machine. In your case, it was asking for passwords on the remote system when you configured the sharing. I'm not a big fan of leaving accounts open with no passwords. My wife and I each have an account, and I put the same username and password combination on every system in our house.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wife's PC asks for password on home network.

1. Wife's PC asks for password on home network. - Similar Threads - Wife's asks password

2. My home admin password not working after wifes work PC issued to different user. account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My home admin password not working after wifes work PC issued to different user. account...: Wifes work PC was issued to someone else. MS shows PCs linked together including wifes personal. My admin pass has not worked since. Any ideas? Thank you in advance....
  3. My home admin password not working after wifes work PC issued to different user. account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My home admin password not working after wifes work PC issued to different user. account...: Wifes work PC was issued to someone else. MS shows PCs linked together including wifes personal. My admin pass has not worked since. Any ideas? Thank you in advance....
  4. My home admin password not working after wifes work PC issued to different user. account...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  6. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  7. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. pc not asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc not asking for password: hello two days ago i updated my laptop windows 7 to windows 10. when today uninstalled a security application 'guardian netsecure' and then asked for a restart i restarted my pc, but then my pc not asking for password, even ther is not a curser apearing and not any key...
  9. Home network user name and password

Home network user name and password: Where can I find the Windows 10 Home network user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-user-name-and-password/535b8e7f-727f-4d65-b9c0-71ed8d7e1e65"
  10. What is this network password prompt asking for ?

What is this network password prompt asking for ?: One of scores and scores of people having home network connection issues...when prompted for the password, etc, when trying to access a network share (another desktop in the house)...This may sound stupid...but what is the attached jpg network password asking for ? Right...