Windows 10: Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters

Discus and support Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Sony laptop, model svs151290x, with Windows 10 Professional and all patches installed. Yesterday I lost wifi connection and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shahgols, Jun 30, 2017.

1. shahgols Win User

Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters

Hi all, I have a Sony laptop, model svs151290x, with Windows 10 Professional and all patches installed. Yesterday I lost wifi connection and have been unable to find a solution online. ipconfig /all doesn't show the wifi adapter and neither does the GUI adapter page. It might be that the network card has gone bad? Or it got loose? I'm no expert, so looking forward to your expert help, thank you very much.

:)

shahgols, Jun 30, 2017

2. Wi-Fi Adapter Not Working after Updating/Restarting Windows 10

Hi -- -

I tried Method 1 - and it tells me that Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

So when trying Method 2 - after uninstalling the Wifi Adapter, it disappears from the list. And then a few seconds later the Device list refreshes and then the adapter appears again on the list. I uninstalled the adapter a few times and it keeps showing
    up. Also I don't know where to find the setup file for the drivers.

Thanks for your help.

ChristinaLuna, Jun 30, 2017
  3. AtulTegar Win User
    Windows 10: Wifi connection problem and Wi-Fi name is disappeared from the Wi-Fi list.

Original Title: Wifi connection problem

I am using Windows 10. The wifi list is showing my home wifi network and whenever I click on Connect, it displays connecting and after few seconds my adapter disabled and its not connected to my home wifi and also my Home Wifi name disappeared from Wifi
    list. I restart my laptop several times and still no luck. I also disabled and enabled it and also downloaded new drivers for the wifi adapter. But still its not connecting.

Please help me to solve this problem at the earliest.

Thanks

AtulTegar, Jun 30, 2017
  4. shahgols Win User

Forgot to mention that I don't see the network adapter in Device Manager either.

shahgols, Jun 30, 2017
  5. shahgols Win User
    I tried Ubuntu CD, and Ubuntu couldn't see the wifi adapter either. I wonder if the card is loose or bad, but I can't find it.

shahgols, Jun 30, 2017
  6. shahgols Win User
    OK, found the adapter, made sure it's not loose. Still no adapter anywhere and ipconfig doesn't show it either. Am curious to know what the experts here think, is it time to buy a new card?

shahgols, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter disappeared

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  4. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  5. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  8. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...
  9. Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager: I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly panic. I had a BSOD (an undiagnosed graphics issue that is triggered by Skype conference calls). When I rebooted, my wifi...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...