Windows 10: Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

Discus and support Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC. Recently I did the Windows `10 1803 update and after that my wifi adapter has stopped working. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abhishekmahajan21, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

Hello

I have a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC.

Recently I did the Windows `10 1803 update and after that my wifi adapter has stopped working.

I have done the reset of my PC and still it is not working.

I contacted the customer support also , they were not able to roll back to the previous 1703 version and also they updated this 1803 manually on my system with a remote access but still after this , there is no achievement to start my wifi.

Can you please help me because its a very major issue for me as I am barely able to connect to the Internet without wifi.

:)

abhishekmahajan21, Jul 12, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Honey Win User
    Wifi adapter buying guide, which also work on mac.

Want to buy wifi adapter but getting worried if those dont work on mac.
    I have list.
    Edimax EW-7811UN
    TP-Link TL-WN823N
    Edup N8553
    But please guide me.
    Also wanted to know, what if adaptor support mac 10.9 does it means it can support latest too?

Honey, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

Windows 10 wifi and update & security not working

Hi All,

I have been battling an issue with Windows 10 every night for the last 2 weeks. I apologise for the long post but will try to provide as much detail as possible.

Initially I had a critical error warning which stopped me accessing the start menu and Internet explorer/edge. I fixed this by uninstalling Norton Antivirus and installing an alternative.

However I now have no wifi internet connection. All other devices using the wifi are working fine. I have checked the driver for the wifi adapter and it is up to date. The adapter also states working fine when running various tests. I have also reset my router and tried many other fixes to no avail.

I also have have a problem with the 'updates and security' option from the control panel. When I click on this it doesn't do anything.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they have suggested the driver for the adapter is incompatible. However the computer has been working fine with wifi for a good while since updating to Win 10. They suggested the solution was to revert back to Win 8 but this seems a step backwards and I don't have the product key for Win 8 so would need to purchase new.

I am thinking the only option would be a reset but I can't access that as the updates and security tab doesn't work.

I have run a system check (sfc scan now) and that found no issues. I have also ran a full Antivirus scan but again found nothing.

Any advice greatfully received.

JamesBAshby, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

1. Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter working

2. Wifi adapter driver does not work after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter driver does not work after windows update: After windows update, the wifi does not work anymore. The network troublesshoter says that there is a problem with the driver of the adapter. Checking the adapter in the device manager says that today, upon update, the driver was deleted and a new driver installed.I am using...
  3. Wifi+Bluetooth adapter will only work as a Bluetooth adapter after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi+Bluetooth adapter will only work as a Bluetooth adapter after Windows 10 update.: The adapter was working fine before the update but after the update it didn't show any wifi networks. The device appears as Bluetooth adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifibluetooth-adapter-will-only-work-as-a/9fc504d9-7144-478c-99a6-326a401baab2
  4. WIFI adapter not working after 6th AUG 2020 UPDATE

WIFI adapter not working after 6th AUG 2020 UPDATE: I updates my pc 6TH AUG with this new update and this made my wifi stop working..!! Tried everything deleting/uninstall driver restart shutdown / check wlan auto config which is set to automatic and running in services.msc...
  5. WIFI adapter not working after KB4568831

WIFI adapter not working after KB4568831: I updates my pc yesterday with this new update and this made my wifi stop working..!! Tried everything deleting/uninstall driver restart shutdown / check wlan auto config which is set to automatic and running in services.msc...
  6. WIFI adapters not showing after windows update

WIFI adapters not showing after windows update: my wifi option was not displaying so restored the system due to which the problem was solved then I updated the version to 1909 from 1809 and the problem again occured now it cant be restored again as the windows is updated recently....
  7. Wifi Adapter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter not working: I have dual boot sytem with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16. The wifi used to work until I updated the Windows 10 recently in both the operating systems. After the update the wifi began disappearing each time I boot. Sometimes the wifi adapter is visible but on next boot up it...
  8. Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update: So, my laptop was working fine last night. I was casually browsing the web and everything was fine. I shut my laptop down before going to sleep. When I woke up, I booted my laptop and both sound and wifi were missing! I thought it might've been the boot process screwing up,...
  9. wifi adapter not working

wifi adapter not working: Hi i have recently purchased a cheap usb adapter to make up for my damaged onboard wifi. here is the link...
  10. Atheros QCA9377 WIFI Adapter not showing after update of win 10 1803

Atheros QCA9377 WIFI Adapter not showing after update of win 10 1803: After updating to win 10 version 1803, my wifi adapter is missing from the settings menu and it is absent from everywhere. I tried installing latest driver from the lenovo site but still nothing happen i resetted my pc twice , still nothing happened. My laptop model is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 wireless adaptor not working

2. wifi not working windows 10 1803

3. 1803 wifi not working

4. activex wifi not working,
  5. wifi not mworking windows 10 version 1803,
  6. edup adapter after windows update,
  7. windows 10 1803 update stops wireless adapter,
  8. HP wireless display adapter does not work after upgrade to 1803 2018 connecting,
  9. windows update 1803 wifi problem,
  10. wifi and bluetooth not working after windows update 1803,
  11. 1803 wireless not working,
  12. hp pavillion not updating to windows version 1803,
  13. updated to windows version 1803 now wireless adapter not working