Windows 10: wifi adapter issues, preferred adapters for windows 10

Discus and support wifi adapter issues, preferred adapters for windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my son has a self built computer that he has had for years. He just put in a new mother board and hard drive. The company that installed them insisted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dtore, Apr 15, 2017.

1. dtore Win User

wifi adapter issues, preferred adapters for windows 10

my son has a self built computer that he has had for years. He just put in a new mother board and hard drive. The company that installed them insisted he update to windows 10. Finally getting it home, his wifi adapter would not install drivers. Went to store and bought new wifi adapter. linksys next-gen ac max-stream ac600 wifi micro usb adapter. He had a netgear one before. He basically had same issue. The computer will connect using ethernet cable, download a program with cable. found this solution, son is at work so I do not know if this will work. Is there a preferred wifi adapter for windows 10?

:)

dtore, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Oli.S Win User

WiFi function removed in Surface Pro 2 after installation of Windows 10

I have the same issue. The solution provided doesn't work, because the wireless adapter has disappeared after installing Window 10.

No wifi icon in task bar.

No wifi icon in action centre.

No wifi adapter in Network Adapters.

It seems to work fine in Windows 8.1.

Oli.S, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Wireless network adapter no longer working

I will add some details about my situation: I can see the wireless adapter in device manager, but there no adapters in network preferences, so the Win 10 doesn't know about existing wifi adapter.

I've also try to install USB adapter but situation is the same - it's exist in device manager, but nowhere in other settings.

I use Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop.

SergeyDemidoff, Apr 15, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi dtore and welcome to Tenforums.
    Have you tried here?
    Linksys Official Support - Linksys WUSB6100M Max-Stream AC600 Wi-Fi Micro USB Adapter

simrick, Apr 15, 2017
  5. dtore Win User
    i guess I got his problem wrong. When he goes to install the drivers to the adapter, which are plug and play his monitor goes off. His brain stays on. It does this when he has ethernet cable on or off. My other son has downloaded steam and installed it on this computer. Ethernet cable attached when he did this. We are both unwilling to do much more without him. It is his baby, and we don't like to touch it much. Wanting to see if it was a soft ware problem I think. I will give him the link to the lynksys place. But it did it with a netgear adapter also. I do not know if I am any longer posting this in the right area. If not, can someone kindly direct me to the best place to post this.

dtore, Apr 16, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    That's very odd.
    Perhaps try booting into Safe Mode with Networking, then plug in the USB network adapter and see if it installs without any issues.

simrick, Apr 16, 2017
  7. dtore Win User
    yep I agree. It is going back vendor that originally was just installing a new mother board and hard drive for him. We think it has to do with maybe the drivers for one those not installing right or windows 10 not installing right.
    thank you for your suggestion.

dtore, Apr 17, 2017
  8. dtore Win User

this ended up being mother board being bad out of the box. If vendor would have just unistalled and reinstalled another mother board he could have gotten across the store it would have saved me alot of driving time, his employer unneeded payroll running diagnostics and less time having to share my laptop. Thanks for all the suggestions!!

dtore, Apr 24, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for letting us know the resolution.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wifi adapter issues, preferred adapters for windows 10 - Similar Threads - wifi adapter issues

2. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  3. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  4. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI ADAPTER ISSUES!!

WIFI ADAPTER ISSUES!!: I have been having this issue for months and I feel like I've tried everything. I'm not 10/10 when it comes to tech/Windows stuff, so please bare with me. But if someone- anyone- can help me with this, I will forever be grateful to you!!!!Some keypoints so that this will make...
  6. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  7. Wifi adapter issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter issues: I’ve had my adapter for over 3 years now and the pst few weeks every 10 min or so the wifi signal gets very weak and eventually disconnects while my phone is giving me an upwards of 50mb/s. Tonight it just gives me the message “no internet, connected.” The adapter has been...
  8. WiFi Adapter issue

WiFi Adapter issue: Hey I am not able to setup mobile hotspot in my Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and also not able to screen shareI tried to update my drives but the issue still continues even the "Hosted network supported : No" even i am not able to screen share it says "Wireless...
  9. Wifi adapter issues

Wifi adapter issues: I have a TL WN8200ND v2 that is very unstable on windows 10, i have the 1909 version of it. I tried tons of drivers, all of them make internet unstable in different ways submitted by /u/Meffecter [link] [comments]...
  10. Issue with WiFi adapter

Issue with WiFi adapter: Whenever I unplug and re plug the wireless adapter, my WiFi runs fine for about 1-2 mins. Then, later on it says no internet but I’m still connected. This happened for almost a week and only happens exclusively on 1 computer. submitted by /u/XythesBwuaghl [link]...