Windows 10: Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. I have a few intel PC sticks (5 total) Pro Stick x5-Z8350 4GB 64GB Windows 10 Pro - Black - SC3-X5PRO | Mwave.com.au REcently they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adamgibbo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. adamgibbo Win User

Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

Hi Everyone.
    I have a few intel PC sticks (5 total)
    Pro Stick x5-Z8350 4GB 64GB Windows 10 Pro - Black - SC3-X5PRO | Mwave.com.au
    REcently they went thru the automatic Windows 10 upgrade and now the Wifi adapter is nowhere to be found.
    I have been able to get 1 to work by running the trouble shooter over and over and over.
    The other however will not see the adapter at all.
    I've tried everything on this list (upgrading from 8 to 10)
    Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I do have the bluetooth available and can access the internet via a USB>ethernet adapter. Unfortunatly i cant just stick a usb adapter into each stick due to location of displays.

Any help would be appriciated.

:)

adamgibbo, Apr 12, 2018
  2. NigelH_2 Win User

Outside laptop showing in Device Manager under Software Devices

My sons laptop (on wifi) is showing up in Win 10 Device Manger under Software Devices. Why does this happen? Can this be stopped?

NigelH_2, Apr 12, 2018
  3. Not Connected - Wireless Communication is turned off

Hi All,

Long story short, the wifi connection used to work fine with my ASUS A52J Series and the charger is plugged in all the time, then after moving out to a new flat with new internet connection and new router, thing started somehow to get weird. First of all
    the wifi didn't won't to connect, after that did a restart and finally it could connect. after that used CCleaner and lots of thing were cleaned including Google Chrome history. after that the wifi icon disappeared, it seems that it doesn't exist anymore.
    Only Ethernet is appearing. This is my wifi adapter Atheros AR9285

Not really sure if after taking the charger off and on, it might disabled the wifi adapter temperately.

In order to resolve this issue tried the following:

Checked if it is on Airplane mode,

Checked if possible to on or off the wifi

Checked the router and it is fine

Checked using cmd with Admin commands

Checked if possible to enable it via BIOS

Checked in Device Manger and there is no yellow triangle

Checked if possible to download a driver software to update them, but nothing about wifi.

13/10/2016 was the last Win 10 update.

At this moment am using the internet using the Ethernet.

Any help is much appreciated

MedoHamdani, Apr 12, 2018
  4. Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

To which Windows 10 version did the upgrade go to?

I am asking because on one of my Laptops my WiFi adapter completely disappeared from Device Manager. I did however get this issue resolved eventually.

2 things to try:
    • Disable Fast Startup from advanced power options
    • Then uninstall ALL network drivers including BlueTooth
    • Finally restart computer and see if your WiFi comes back.

It could also be that the WiFi adapter somehow entered a deep sleep mode and thus can't be found anywhere. Try fiddling with other power options and also BIOS options if you can get into one. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

1. Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter appearing

2. Win 11 No WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 No WiFi adapter: Hi,I installed Win 11 Home and there is no WiFi adapter listed at all. I used to have Win 10 before and WiFi worked normally. It was cleaned installation, not update.I only have Ethernet in Network adapters. No WiFi adapter that I can enable.I have Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro...
  3. Win 11 No WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 No WiFi adapter: Hi,I installed Win 11 Home and there is no WiFi adapter listed at all. I used to have Win 10 before and WiFi worked normally. It was cleaned installation, not update.I only have Ethernet in Network adapters. No WiFi adapter that I can enable.I have Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro...
  4. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10: Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and...
  5. Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, My Wifi adapter has disappeared on my new Lenovo C50 all in one computer. I have had the computer about 2 months and it has been Windows 10 the whole time and has functioned generally well, although the Wireless connection has occasionally stopped and showed no wireless...
  6. Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10: After updating windows 10 to 1903 and above, i am unable to connect to any 5 ghz bands, i am forced to connect to my slower 2.4 ghz band. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC88 adapter. I have tried all available drivers with no change in this behavior. I have tried to disable the...
  7. Device Manger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manger: hi I'm running windows 10 64 bit on ASUS vivo note book ,everything is working no problems ,but when I open device manger two items are flagged so I did the normal I uninstalled the drivers rebooted and reinstalled the drivers ,but the same two items are still flagged....
  8. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  9. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared: January 11, 2019 [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Iam the only one Administrator for use of your Wins and the Wins is used in my the only one Desktop computer. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809 by you under case no. 1449962672, the following...
  10. Wifi adapter not found after upgrade

Wifi adapter not found after upgrade: My desktop computer (formerly operating Windows 7) connects to my wifi router via a Netgear USB adapter. The programme still seems to be installed but computer says 'no network available'. I rather think re-installing the netgear thing is the way forward but how can I do this...