Windows 10: WiFi adapter not found

Discus and support WiFi adapter not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Downloaded a reputable program called "WiFi Analyzer" to see adjacent WiFi signals (neighbors, etc.) and evaluate if I am getting interference or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kupuna, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Kupuna Win User

WiFi adapter not found

Downloaded a reputable program called "WiFi Analyzer" to see adjacent WiFi signals (neighbors, etc.) and evaluate if I am getting interference or a weak signal. On boot the program reports "WiFi Adapter not found". I'm pretty dense on this topic since I mainly work from a desktop PC (ASUS Z-97) with an attached Netgear R6100 WiFi router that (I think) is supposed to broadcast WiFi. My iPhone is using WiFi from the router.
    Do I need a separate adapter for detecting WiFi in the house or nearby, or is the Analyzer looking for something my setup doesn't offer?

:)

Kupuna, Feb 14, 2018

2. WIFI adapter not found after Windows 10 v1511 update

Device manager / Network Adapters - shows the adapter "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN" working properly

and the driver is up-to-date.

control panel / Network Adapter settings - adapter does not show up.

ipconfig /all - adapter does not show up.

settings / Network&Internet - "we couldn't find wireless devices on this PC"

Note -- adapter worked fine under initial windows 10 upgrade. This problem only occurred after I upgraded to the

Nov. upgrade (v1511)

Has anyone seen else seen this problem?

PatriciaMcPherson, Feb 14, 2018
  3. WIFI adapter not found after Windows 10 v1511 update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

I recommend you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it works.

1) Press Windows + X and then click on
    Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting and in the left pane select
    View all.

3) Now select Network Adapter and follow the
    on screen instruction.

Enter these commands individually and hit Enter on the command prompt(admin) window

• IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

• NBTSTAT –R

• NBTSTAT –RR

• NETSH INT IP RESET

• NETSH WINSOCK RESET
    After executing all the commands restart your computer.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

WiFi adapter not found

It's looking for a WiFi Adapter on your PC. You obviously don't have one and you are connected by Ethernet cable to your R6100 WiFi Router.
    A standard Desktop PC does not normally come with a Wireless Card, it is either added, or some high end MOBOs have one built in.
    So as is, the application is not usable on your PC.

Helmut, Feb 14, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    As your PC doesn't appear to have a WiFi adapter, you could try an app for the iPhone. Not a recommendation as I don't use an iPhone, but this one is $3.99, for example...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netw...ign-mpt=uo%3D8

6. EdTittel Win User
    Having taken some time to sit back and think about your request, you should probably be looking at some kind of network traffic analyzer. SolarWinds (a home-town company, based here in the Austin area) offers a Network Bandwidth Analyzer toolkit that probably does what you're trying to do. Spiceworks also offers a raft of great tools, including a pretty potent network monitor. Again, it will take time and effort to learn how to install, configure and use these things, but they will tell you what you're trying to learn.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2018
  7. Kupuna Win User
    That clears it up. Thanks to everyone who responded.*Nerd

Kupuna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi adapter not found

1. WiFi adapter not found - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter found

2. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  3. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  4. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  5. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  6. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter: Hello my wifi adapter is good but when I launch fortnite internet disconnects i used ethernet everything was fine another problem drivers are all updated USB N10 NANO ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/44a1d247-f685-4a6d-ba85-a986c8980390
  7. wifi adaptator not found

wifi adaptator not found: i have a asus x540y and i have a problem with my wifi adaptator, sometime my wifi work normaly but someother time i start the pc to show me there is no ethernet cable and i can't even find any trace that my pc have wifi. like the wifi serch panel is not shown and i can only...
  8. WiFi Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter: So i have a laptop that only supports 2.4 gz wifi. If i get a wireless wifi adapter will i be able to use 5 gz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/72060fb5-b939-4709-84e3-8b5dcde397b2
  9. Network Adapter not found

Network Adapter not found: My pc updated windows 10 and now it can not find the network adapter driver, what are my options to reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-not-found/2a85a99d-c9a1-4cf6-83b5-32a087c99a95
  10. Wifi adapter not found after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter not found after upgrade: My desktop computer (formerly operating Windows 7) connects to my wifi router via a Netgear USB adapter. The programme still seems to be installed but computer says 'no network available'. I rather think re-installing the netgear thing is the way forward but how can I do this...