Windows 10: Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

Discus and support Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yelldow, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Yelldow Win User

Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to find it not working at all. The Wifi adapter doesn't even show up in network connections. In device manager, it shows up and I can't find any problems at all. No errors reported or anything. I installed the drivers twice, and both times the software that came with the adapter closed instantly once I opened it and stayed as a hidden process, but I believe it did that before this was a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The adapter is an ASUS USB-N53 802.11a Network Adapter.

:)

Yelldow, Feb 10, 2018
  2. JoeNamco Win User

I can't open my microsoft edge.

Is it WiFi or wired? plugged in adapter? details would help such as what your system is which build of Preview you are using? Have you click on the network icon and signed in? Do a restart, if it doesn't come up go to device manager and delete the network
    device and reboot

JoeNamco, Feb 10, 2018
  3. LagantSp Win User
    [Lenovo ideapad 310 Conexant smartaudio hd] Constant audio and video stuttering windows 10

Dear Ryan,

I would be happy to share my troubleshooting steps:

If the cause of the audio/video stuttering happens to be the WiFi adapter, perform these steps:

1. Open Device Manager (Start + X, then select device manager)

2. Click the drop-down arrow next to Network adapters

3. Find the network adapter installed on your device (in my case it was the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter).

4. Right-Click your adapter and select disable device.

5. Restart your computer.

After your computer finishes booting up, you'll no longer have the audio/video issue so long as you do not re-enable the network adapter.

For me, this is only a temporary fix to allow me use the computer offline OR use an ethernet cable OR I plug my wireless modem directly to the laptop. I require a solution that will let me use the laptop online with WiFi enabled.

LagantSp, Feb 10, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try Option Two in this TenForums tutorial: Reset Network Adapters. When you plugged the wired adapter in, it might have disabled the wireless adapter. Normally, when the wired connection is disconnected, the wireless turns itself back on. In your case, this automatic behavior seems to have failed. Resetting your network adapters will normally take care of this kind of thing. Give it a try, and let us know what happens afterward. Hope it works for you!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 10, 2018
  5. Yelldow Win User
    I tried this, but it didn't work. It's still apperently completely oblivious to the fact that I actually do have a wifi adapter.

Yelldow, Feb 12, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    OK, we need for you to give us more information about your wireless network interface(s). What kind of PC do you have, with make and model? If it's home- or custom-built, please give us the motherboard info and/or wireless interface information in as much detail as you can. If you run Piriform Speccy (Free) it will give you this kind of info about your network connections:

Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks [​IMG]

Please share that kind of information here as well. The built-in or add-on wireless interface you're trying to use is what we want to identify as closely and carefully as possible.
    Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 12, 2018
  7. Yelldow Win User
    Update: I have booted up my old windows 7 drive, and wifi is actually detected and somewhat works. That drive is generally very slow, so I'm not surprised. Also, I've bought and tried another wi-fi adapter to no luck, proving it's a windows 10 (or windows 10 update) issue. My guess is an update during the period I used ethernet that broke wi-fi on my machine.

Yelldow, Feb 16, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

At this point, then, it becomes a process of elimination: you could either roll back all updates and start applying them one at a time and see when things break. Or you can start from the most recent update, and start uninstalling them, and see when things start working. Your call.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 17, 2018
  9. Yelldow Win User
    After an automatic windows update, the problem has been fixed. Both wi-fi adapters show, and the dialog box for my old one stays open now. I have no idea what happened; maybe Microsoft made a mistake and fixed it? I have no idea. Thanks anyways for the help.

Yelldow, Feb 18, 2018
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Your speculation -- that MS caused the problem with one update, then fixed it with another -- is quite probably correct. But alas, we'll never know for sure. And THAT's why Windows has been such a perpetual source of joy, wonder, and occasionally astonishment (but always, always, always lots of work) to me!
    *Banghead
    --Ed-- (with tongue planted firmly in cheek, to keep it from exploring my ears...)

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter plugged

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  6. Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage: Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage. I had tried updating driver, booting my laptop with window 10 three times but nothing happed. I already getting frustration because of it. Its been a week i got this problem.. I dont kn[ATTACH]ow why is this happening...
  7. Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I recently reloaded Windows 10 using a Windows 10 installation mediaUSB. After reloading, I found that the wifi adapter is missing in the device manager. [ATTACH] Due to this I am unable to connect to any Wifi network. The network...
  8. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...
  9. WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi

WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi: Hello, Thank you in advancefor any help. I am senior who helps other seniors in this small townkeep their pc ‘s operating as best I can. I have an HP laptopthat was reworked by a shop sometime ago. I updated this pc to WinAnniveresary Issue and then this past Spring to...
  10. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .: I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer. The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to...