Windows 10: Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

Discus and support Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a problem connecting to my Wifi. The problem started when my I started my PC after sleep mode or Hibernation, earlier I updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stamiter, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Stamiter Win User

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

Hey there,

I have a problem connecting to my Wifi. The problem started when my I started my PC after sleep mode or Hibernation, earlier I updated my Windows 10.

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi bdca1d50-59eb-42ec-a143-e4d024a9e37a?upload=true.png

There is no WiFi option available in Networks setting and also the WiFi adapter is absent from Device Manager.

I've also enabled "Show hidden devices" in Device Manager and this is what it shows:

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi 955fd483-eb69-4a39-8cbc-822a3e4c41bf?upload=true.jpg

Also, I've tried to download and update the drivers Manually, but again NO POSITIVE RESULTS.

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi 059d08d1-39de-47ee-b077-6877d5b71563?upload=true.png

:)

Stamiter, Jul 16, 2018
  2. enen Win User

HP Probook 650 G2 wifi problem

Hello everyone,

I got a HP Probook 650 G2 laptop but can't get wifi working. Wired connection works good. There's no wifi adapter in Device Manager. Wifi button in the upper right corner is in orange. When i press it, the only thing it does is turning airplane mode on/off. Downloaded and installed all newest official drivers from HP website, ran HP Support Assistant software utility, updated BIOS, looked in there for any clue of wlan/wifi etc... nothing. External wifi antenna with Atheros drivers works fine. Can someone help me to get internal wifi adapter working? How else can i check if it's connected to PC properly without disassembling laptop? Thanks in advance.

3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

WiFi not turning on and not showing any WiFi connections available.

Hi Sampath,

I suggest that you access the Device Manager and update the Drivers for Network adapter and check. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device manager
    • Select and Expand Network Adapter from the list
    • Right click and choose "Update drivers"

Let us know if this helps.

Vinod Archak, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

1. Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter WLAN

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi driver missing, WLAN driver not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi driver missing, WLAN driver not reading: Hello, hope you are doing wellMy wifi was working fine but suddenly stopped working, it stopped detecting wifi networks I tried some fixes but it didn’t work so I uninstalled the driver At first it was showing but showing error code 45 from device manager. I restarted the...
  6. Deleted WLAN wifi adapter

Deleted WLAN wifi adapter: It was just recently when I used my windows laptop and my wifi adapter stopped working after I turned it on after the sleep mode. I didn't see any wifi button after pressing the wifi icon on my taskbar It showed ared x with the ethernet logo but i have never used the ethernet...
  7. Wireless Adapter QUALCOMM ATHEROS Missing in device manager and no wifi available

Wireless Adapter QUALCOMM ATHEROS Missing in device manager and no wifi available: Hi, I'm using an ASUS Vivobook 15 K542UF laptop , i've been experiencing problems with the wireless adapter. the wireless network doesnt show even though all mobile devices and other laptops can be connected. The wireless adapter under Qualcomm is not available in the...
  8. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice: hello, I am writing this on my phone. I got an Acer Aspire about a week ago and it has always connected to my wifi no problem. now it won't, and it says no internet options are available. [IMG] when i try to troubleshoot it, it leads me to this [IMG]i found on another...
  9. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...
  10. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer but it didn't help. To check if the adapter is working i booted from a linux live usb and there the wifi is working fine. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi drivers not available

2. no wifi driver in device manager

3. Wifi drivers not available in device manager