Windows 10: WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

Discus and support WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ... and plug it back in, to get internet working again. What happens usually is that I log in, and the internet is working, but not connected. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyInDogSuit, Apr 30, 2018.

1. WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

... and plug it back in, to get internet working again. What happens usually is that I log in, and the internet is working, but not connected. I have it set to automatically reconnect to my WiFi, but it never does. I have to manually connect it. Then a few minutes later, I see the signal icon drop to a single dot, and it stops working again, and the troubleshooter won't get past the initial problem scan, and the network settings won't load.. Until I unplug it. And plug it back in. When I unplug it, the troubleshooter finally responds and says there may be an issue with the driver, and offers me the option to "fix" it using admin privileges, but this only works temporarily. On top of that, it keeps dropping signal repeatedly ever since Windows updated today to the April update. It just did it again, while I was typing this. Please help! This is driving me up the wall!
    It's a TP-Link Archer T4UHv2.

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 30, 2018
  2. Etriusk Win User

WiFi adapter disables itself

Im having a similar problem, i have a Netgear usb wifi adapter, that never gave me any issues until i upgraded to 10. i find that unpluging and repluging helps, however this stop gap doesnt always work. sometimes i have to repeat it as often as 30 min
    later. If anyone knows of a more permanent fix i welcome them to share it with us!

Etriusk, Apr 30, 2018
  3. JohnBudd Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade Recently. Lan internet cutting out after 5-10 mins.

Anyone else having this issue? Basically, after about 10 mins of internet browsing, my lan connection cuts out and I have to unplug and go to WIFI. The browser stops working until I unplug and then it goes to WIFI.

JohnBudd, Apr 30, 2018
  4. WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

Update: It was repeatedly dropping signal earlier when I booted up the PC, so I removed the Microsoft drivers and disabled driver updates through Windows Update, then installed the TP-Link drivers. Hopefully that fixed it.

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

1. WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter - Similar Threads - WiFi always stops

2. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  3. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  4. Wifi adapter stops working

Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  5. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  6. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  7. Wifi adapter stopped working

Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  8. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi Adapter always disconnects

Wifi Adapter always disconnects: Hello. I have a big problem with my laptop Asus Vivobook. It often disables the wifi adapter automatically and when this happens my laptop usually freezes and restarts it shows the blue screen of death a lot. This also happens whenever I move my laptop, even just a little...
  10. WiFi adapter unplugs without warning

WiFi adapter unplugs without warning: This is an ongoing problem I have with my WiFi adapter Cisco AM10#6. It is plugged in to one USB port on my motherboard, and about an hour or two from when I turn on my PC it somehow turns off and then back on at unexpected intervals. Today I had an issue where the internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb wifi adapter stops after a few minutes

2. have to unplug wifi adapter after reboot code 10

3. i have to unplug wifi adapter to get wifi

4. wifi usb adapter have to unplug restart,
  5. have to unplug wifi,
  6. usb wifi adapter not detected on boot must unplug and plug back in