Windows 10: Wifi Auto Connect

Discus and support Wifi Auto Connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darkf0xx, Oct 17, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

:)

darkf0xx, Oct 17, 2015
  2. KeomaWF Win User

Computer connects to Wi-Fi even though auto connect option is turned off

I don't want the windows to auto connect to the wifi so i turned the auto connect off. Even though auto connect is off windows is still connecting to wifi. Why is it doing that?

Original title: Windows auto wifi connection

KeomaWF, Oct 17, 2015
  3. auto connect wifi

how do i get laptop a to auto connect to wifi a and laptop b to auto connect to wifi b and not auto connect to wifi a

both laptops have win 10 on them and i use the same microsft log in so i can stay synced with all my devices

Big Panther, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

Sounds like replacing the modem would fix the problem.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2015
  5. darkf0xx Win User
    yea it would but this is the 4th one, the internet company wifi modems suck.

darkf0xx, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yeah, went through 3 before I got a good one.

Ztruker, Oct 19, 2015
  7. darkf0xx Win User
    the worst part is that they no longer allow me to use my own modem so I just keep cycling through crappy modems, they used to let people which is why I own 2 Motorola docsis 3.0 and 1 Motorola dsl modem (in case I use att). I moved into my new house last year and when they went to install the net I told them I wanted my own modem and they refused to hook it up. I even spent hours on the phone talking to different people trying to get it on my account. Net companies always seem to want to tell you how you are gonna use the net, I tell them I want 100 mb download and I get 10 people come on and tell me how they have a PlayStation and a PC and they're fine with 3mb download so I should only need that. I always tell them don't even ever start to compare me with your stupidity ever, I am not and will not ever be on the same level as a "phone tech" meaning they're generally pretty stupid. And no its not for pirating but when I want a game that happens to be 50 gigs I want it within 20 minutes at least. I also had them argue the point "we will just give you a free modem so no need for yours and it wont cost you a thing" yea nothing but my time when it goes out 10 times an hour. I know that I have asked quite a bit of questions on here but that's because I tinker a lot with hardware and software something people reading scripts have no idea about. I probably curse out the cable company once a month for treating me like an idiot after I tell them not to. Ok so this became a rant and I apologize but I hate cable companies.

darkf0xx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Auto Connect

1. Wifi Auto Connect - Similar Threads - Wifi Auto Connect

2. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  3. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  4. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?

Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?: Hi. last two times i've booted up, my PC hasn't connected to the wifi. my connection is in the list, it's ticked as "connect automatically" but for some reason it isn't. connects no prob when i click to make it and i haven't knowingly changed anything. any ideas? TIA 182989
  6. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi: I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop. When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I highlight each network, it has a box to check for "connect automatically." No matter how many times I uncheck these boxes, the...
  7. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  8. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  9. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  10. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853