Windows 10: Wifi card needs resetting

Discus and support Wifi card needs resetting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi since the last win10 upgrade my Wifi card needs resetting every time it shuts down the card is an : Intel(R) PRO/wireless 3945ABG it used to do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnwallett, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Wifi card needs resetting

Hi since the last win10 upgrade my Wifi card needs resetting every time it shuts down the card is an : Intel(R) PRO/wireless 3945ABG it used to do it when I first upgraded to Win10 deleting the driver and letting Win10 load one sorted it out! tried the same thing this time with the same loss of connection result!

Any help much appreciated!

John

:)

johnwallett, Aug 14, 2016

2. WiFi adapter needs constant resetting

I'm running windows 10, my network adapter needs rest 10-20 times per day, even though its set on connect automatically. I can either disconnect and re connect, or use the troubleshooter with ask me to re enter the security key, a screen pops up and I
    click ok then it checks to see if its fixed and usually goes back online. I'm not doing anything except clicking ok and it somehow fix's itself, this is beyond annoying, any help would be great.

JameyVibbert, Aug 14, 2016
  3. WiFi adapter needs constant resetting

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Since the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the network drivers and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall network driver.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Network adapter. (Expand if required).

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Wifi card needs resetting

Did you try to Un-install Driver Software, Reboot and Re-install it? That should work.

Adalwar, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply yes I have tried removing the drivers as i said in my post and letting win10 reinstall worked fine before the last upgrade!

I don't know why my post was moved it's not a network problem it is a driver problem?

John

johnwallett, Aug 14, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Hi John,
    Have you tried installing the driver only without the Proset utility? If you haven't, uninstall the current driver from Device manager after downloading the latest driver from Intel, when you start installing, select custom and untick " software and extensions" or something like that.
    You could also try going to Power management tab in WiFi card Properties and untick "Allow the computer to switch off...", I am not sure whether your card has this function as I have a different card but worth checking.

Wifi card needs resetting [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Thank you for the reply I have the latest Intel driver and will have a look at what you have posted and see what I can do!
    Thanks again Wifi card needs resetting :)

John.

johnwallett, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Wifi card needs resetting

I tried everything suggested so far and thanks guys but it still the same fault?

If I ask windows10 to diagnose the lack of internet it quite happily resets the WiFi card and all is fine until the laptop goes to sleep/switches off?? *Banghead

johnwallett, Aug 17, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Have you tried these suggestions from Slartybart? If not give it a try:Solved Resolve network issues - Windows 10 Forums
    EDIT: BTW, can check your time zone as well, I have just noticed your local time showing as 2:48.

brummyfan, Aug 18, 2016
  10. Thanks for coming back I will check the link Wifi card needs resetting :) Time Zone? must be Edge Google is ok!

Regards,
    John.

johnwallett, Aug 18, 2016
  11. brummyfan Win User
    Hi John,
    Right click date & time on the task bar, select Adjust time & date, select the time zone as in my snip from the drop down.

Wifi card needs resetting [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 18, 2016
  12. Hi thanks Brummyfan that's exactly what I have had since win10 was installed, I looked at the link I have done all the checks before :-( I think it is a basic fact the driver is not suitable!!

John.

johnwallett, Aug 18, 2016
  13. brummyfan Win User

Then you could try Win 8.1/ 8 drivers and see how it fares.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi card needs resetting - Similar Threads - Wifi card needs

2. Wifi Card problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Card problems: hey guys i have this huge problemmy wifi card randomly disconnects from wifi and then when i press connect its says can’t connect to network after that whole wifi card disappears and i have to do network reset every single time to reconnect to wifi pls help...
  3. Wifi Card problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Card problems: hey guys i have this huge problemmy wifi card randomly disconnects from wifi and then when i press connect its says can’t connect to network after that whole wifi card disappears and i have to do network reset every single time to reconnect to wifi pls help...
  4. Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset: My ASUS laptop's wifi keeps dropping. When I run the troubleshooter it says it resets the wifi adapter, and that usually fixes it. Sometimes I have to uninstall the drivers for my wifi adapter and restart my computer to solve the issue....
  5. Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset: My ASUS laptop's wifi keeps dropping. When I run the troubleshooter it says it resets the wifi adapter, and that usually fixes it. Sometimes I have to uninstall the drivers for my wifi adapter and restart my computer to solve the issue....
  6. Wifi card/adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi card/adapter: I installed a Wi-Fi card on my computer and when i first boot up the computer after letting it sit turned off over the night my network wont connect. It says there isn't even a driver there. When i turn my pc fully off then back on it fixed its self. I'm not sure what going...
  7. WIFI Card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Card not working: I recently got a M.2 wifi card for my new PC, but no networks are showing. Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-card-not-working/8d1dc0ad-f9cc-43ae-87e7-9642eabf6c45
  8. Wifi card missing

Wifi card missing: Hi What to do, wifi don`t exist on my machine. Brand New acer nitrone 5, had to reinstall Windows 10 yesterday and the wifi was working good. Opening to day, no wifi, dont show anyplace. Oyz_991...
  9. USB WIFI card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB WIFI card: [ATTACH] Today i decided to upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10.Everything went smoothly except when i opened my pc i wasnt connected to my wifi.After some digging i found out that it wouldnt even read my USB Wifi card.I have tried every single solution found on the...
  10. Wifi card

Wifi card: I got a wifi card because my pc is far away from ethernet but when i started it up i could not get wifi. I opend device manager and i went to network adapters but i didnt see my wifi card there I have windows 10 by the way...