Windows 10: Wifi card

Discus and support Wifi card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a wifi card because my pc is far away from ethernet but when i started it up i could not get wifi. I opend device manager and i went to network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel_ Ferrier, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Wifi card

I got a wifi card because my pc is far away from ethernet but when i started it up i could not get wifi.

I opend device manager and i went to network adapters but i didnt see my wifi card there

I have windows 10 by the way

:)

Daniel_ Ferrier, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jul 28, 2018
  3. wolf Win User
    Galaxy Designs Mysterious GeForce GTX 460 2 GB Card with Mini-PCIe Onboard

How very weird of them... this is truely odd IMO.

would be nice to see a list from them of suggested products, or even bundle the card with products that are right for it, like a killer NIC, wifi card, phsyx card, SSD etc.

4. AsphyxiA Win User

Wifi card

Best WIFI card for Linux

i have not had a whole lot of luck with the wrappers plus there are a lot of supported wifi cards out there. I think I might just go with either Atheros or Ralink based card. Ralinks probably on the top of the list.

AsphyxiA, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Wifi card

1. Wifi card - Similar Threads - Wifi card

2. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  3. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  4. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I MAY HAVE PCIE WIFI CARD , Can i Use it in my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I MAY HAVE PCIE WIFI CARD , Can i Use it in my new PC: the pcie wifi card in first 2 image is intel celeron 1000 from my old laptop dell inspiron n5010 , it is half pcie card and it seems it have 2 sockets to attach , similarly 3rd image shows my new pc's pcie slot that also have 2 sockets so i think that instead of buying a...
  6. I MAY HAVE PCIE WIFI CARD , Can i Use it in my new PC

I MAY HAVE PCIE WIFI CARD , Can i Use it in my new PC: the pcie wifi card in first 2 image is intel celeron 1000 from my old laptop dell inspiron n5010 , it is half pcie card and it seems it have 2 sockets to attach , similarly 3rd image shows my new pc's pcie slot that also have 2 sockets so i think that instead of buying a...
  7. My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...: My friend recently had to completely wipe his computer due to significant issues with his files. After this he installed the new copy of windows 10 and went through the process as normal until he had to get the WIFI working. He is using the same wifi card as he was before...
  8. My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...

My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...: My friend recently had to completely wipe his computer due to significant issues with his files. After this he installed the new copy of windows 10 and went through the process as normal until he had to get the WIFI working. He is using the same wifi card as he was before...
  9. My friends Wifi card is not functioning despite all efforts and i was wondering what we can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card: I previously reported a Windows 11 Pro x64 BSOD error on NETWTW10.SYS error after upgrading the Wi-Fi network card in my MSI Katana 15 B13VEK-277US laptop. The laptop came with the Intel AX201NGW Wi-Fi 5 network card and it ran without any errors or problems. Each time I...