Windows 10: Wifi-connection lost after uprade from 7 to 10.

Discus and support Wifi-connection lost after uprade from 7 to 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded from windows 7 to 10-when finished there was a red cross through the wifi icon.Having read numerous forums,I established that there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnphaff, Nov 4, 2015.

1. johnphaff Win User

Wifi-connection lost after uprade from 7 to 10.

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10-when finished there was a red cross through the wifi icon.Having read numerous forums,I established that there was no old VPN software;I updated the Broadcom 802.11b/g/n software and in network adapter properties,I unticked power management switching off the adapter;also,altered bandwidth to 20_40MHz.As soon as I clicked on that,the wifi switched on!It then works until the computer is switched off;when on again,same problem.If I go to network adapter properties,and disable and then re-enable the adapter,wifi comes on again.I am at my wits end.Has anyone please,please,please got a solution.

:)

johnphaff, Nov 4, 2015

2. Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (with keeping personal files and applications). Everything was fine after uprading.

After about 15 minutes my PC lost LAN internet connection. i tried to restart the PC but still no internet connection.

What can I do now?

Thanks

ZoltánTrapp, Nov 4, 2015
  3. z3george Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 Wi-Fi connectivity is unstable.

Original title: windows 10 upgrade

Updated from window 7 to windows 10 upon completion all worked fine after approximately 30 minutes lost wifi connection every settings looked good so I rebooted and work fine but lost connectivity again after awhile only way to connect is by rebooting wifi
    is working fine. Have another pc which was updated to windows 10 from windows 7 earlier that day with no problems also no problem with tablets using wifi.Internet is Fios 75 up 75 down. George

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

z3george, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Yes, I have seen these symptoms on other notebooks with earlier Windows. The fix is to download the Wi-Fi switch utility or Quick Launcher, install it and configure it to always enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on startup.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  5. johnphaff Win User
    Thank you.I will try it.

johnphaff, Nov 4, 2015
  6. johnphaff Win User
    I have tried to install quick launcher-all it does is to give me the option of launching IE when I use Firefox.

johnphaff, Nov 4, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Isn't there a key combination to enable Wi-Fi? If you press that you may see a little window where you can configure Wi-Fi to be always enabled.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  8. johnphaff Win User

I pressed fn+f3-switched wifi off;pressed again to switch on-no wifi-had to go back to network adapter properties-click install and wifi back.Aaaargh!!

johnphaff, Nov 4, 2015
  9. TairikuOkami, Nov 5, 2015
  10. johnphaff Win User
    Thanks for your advice.Unfortunately after switching off and restarting the laptop,I am back to square one.I have to go into device manager-network adapters-network driver-disable and then re-enable and then it starts!

johnphaff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi-connection lost after uprade from 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - Wifi connection lost

2. lost wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi connections: i cannot connect to any wifi and when using help it says you're connected using a virtual network adapter that we cant trust.???i am not connected at all and it will not find any connections but my wifes laptop will.ThanksMatt...
  3. lost wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi connections: i cannot connect to any wifi and when using help it says you're connected using a virtual network adapter that we cant trust.???i am not connected at all and it will not find any connections but my wifes laptop will.ThanksMatt...
  4. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uprading to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from the Windows 10 DVD. Each time I try it gets to about 67% of the setup inspection procedure and then I get the message "Windows 10 installation has failed." There is no other error message or anything else....
  5. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uprading to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from the Windows 10 DVD. Each time I try it gets to about 67% of the setup inspection procedure and then I get the message "Windows 10 installation has failed." There is no other error message or anything else....
  6. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: it seems like after the upgrade the wireless adapter is not compatible? it is extremely slow, is there a solution to it? i've run an internet speed test: Mps download: 2.97 Mbps upload 0.93 vs wired: i've run an internet speed test: Mps download: 37.4 Mbps upload 16.5...
  8. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10: Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and...
  9. Wifi connection lost after windows update, wifi connections are removed from windows menu,...

Wifi connection lost after windows update, wifi connections are removed from windows menu,...: The wifi connection was removed from the windows 10 menu, under network connections after a "windows update". This is an ongoing problem, . The wifi connection, disappears for a number of days then re-appears....
  10. Connection to WiFi lost

Connection to WiFi lost: Hi, I am no longer able to connect to my WiFi connection at home with my laptop. My WiFi is generated from a network-over-current box. Other devices in my home are connecting just fine. My laptop used to connect all right in the past, but now i get a message "we are unable...