Windows 10: Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10

Discus and support Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently bought a new laptop for online work, my first experience with Windows 10. Every 15-30 minutes the wifi drops and will not reconnect unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perturbed, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Perturbed Win User

Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10

Recently bought a new laptop for online work, my first experience with Windows 10.
    Every 15-30 minutes the wifi drops and will not reconnect unless I restart the computer. I've searched for solutions, and some say to change the power management settings so that it doesn't turn off automatically to save power. Some say to update drivers. I've tried a lot of different fixes and none of them work. I've seen a lot of people say this is the fault of Windows 10 and cannot be fixed.
    The thing that really bugs me is that every time I (am forced to) update Windows 10 it gets worse. It used to be every few hours, then every hour, and now it's getting more frequent to the point I can't use the product I paid good money for.
    I've had issues with older Windows in the past but never this severe. I see now why so many people hate Windows. I will not be purchasing any Microsoft products in the future.

:)

Perturbed, Jul 14, 2018
  2. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Jul 14, 2018
  3. kemcafe Win User

I got the same issue with you, I try many way and hope to fix that but still cannot find the way out :3. Maybe we must wait until the next build release !

kemcafe, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Wynona Win User

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. *Smile

Wynona, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wifi constantly dropping

2. WiFi drops constantly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi drops constantly on Windows 11: My Lenova Yoga C740 laptop routinely drops WiFi, since I installed the Windows 11, each update I get receives an error...2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5018341Download Error - 0x8024a206Error...
  3. WiFi drops constantly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi drops constantly on Windows 11: My Lenova Yoga C740 laptop routinely drops WiFi, since I installed the Windows 11, each update I get receives an error...2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5018341Download Error - 0x8024a206Error...
  4. Wifi constantly dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi constantly dropping: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with the Intel Centrino Wireless N-2200 network adapter. When my computer wakes up, it cannot find any wireless networks, but I found out that resetting the network adapters fixes the issue- until the computer goes back to sleep. I recently...
  5. Wifi constantly dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi constantly dropping: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with the Intel Centrino Wireless N-2200 network adapter. When my computer wakes up, it cannot find any wireless networks, but I found out that resetting the network adapters fixes the issue- until the computer goes back to sleep. I recently...
  6. Wifi signal drops constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi signal drops constantly: I've been having a reoccuring issue lately where my wifi connection becomes unusable at completely random times. It appears as the wifi connection wigit changing to show I am at half signal strength instead of full. I'm on a desktop, with a highspeed internet connection. I'm...
  7. wifi connection constantly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection constantly dropped: I have two machines, MSI GT80 SLI. They are configured identically hardware-wise. MSI GT80 One: disk 1: Has dual boot Windows 20H2; disk 2: the previous version of 1909. The 20H2 install has issues with the Killer 1535 wifi card. Constantly drops the connection. The 1909...
  8. Wifi constantly dropping out

Wifi constantly dropping out: So I've had this issue now for several months and it's driving me absolutely insane but my internet just decides to drop out and the only way for me to get it going again is to disable and re enable my wifi adapter, reset my PC or router, it happens anywhere from every 5...
  9. taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly: hey there. recently my laptop, which runs windows 10, has been having a problem where after 10-30 mins of restarting it, my laptops taskbar will freeze. ive tried EVERYTHING but pressing ctrl + shift + esc doesnt do anything, and usually the mouse and everything else will...
  10. WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix

WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix: I've had this issue for a few months now: the WiFi will drop out, and the system tray icon will show the 'no connection' globe. When I click on the globe, there are no available WiFi networks, where there are usually several. Often the tray icon will simply stop responding to...