Windows 10: wifi crapped out, the only fix was a reboot. Is there non-reboot way?

Discus and support wifi crapped out, the only fix was a reboot. Is there non-reboot way? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can normally sustain 75mbps on the wifi adapter, but today, it wasn't able to sustain for more than 5 seconds before going all the way down to 7mbps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by link626, Jun 15, 2017.

1. link626 Win User

wifi crapped out, the only fix was a reboot. Is there non-reboot way?

I can normally sustain 75mbps on the wifi adapter, but today, it wasn't able to sustain for more than 5 seconds before going all the way down to 7mbps.

i tried to disable/enable the wifi adapter. no luck.

my laptop has decent specs. It's a few months old. Intel ac8260 wifi.

The only thing that fixed the issue was a reboot.

I don't like to reboot because I have to reload everything. Is there a non-reboot method to fixing wifi adapter issues?

:)

link626, Jun 15, 2017
  2. Matode Win User

Lumia 950XL reboots during call

Swedish .29, non-insider

WiFi ON = frequent rebooting

WiFi OFF = no problems

Please fix this annoyance.

Matode, Jun 15, 2017
  3. sonicmuc Win User
    LUMIA 650 loses wifi capability after OS update to 1511 (10.0.10586.107)

Me too.

Randomly the Wifi connection get's dropped (ever 1-2 days) and re-connecting is only possible after rebooting the Lumia 650.

When the Lumia 650 looses the connction to the Wifi it's trying to reconnect all the time and the battery is getting empty -> Reboot -> Wifi connects without problems.

Microsoft: Please fix this bug.

sonicmuc, Jun 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Maybe try rebooting the router through it's webpage interface?

NavyLCDR, Jun 15, 2017
Thema:

1. wifi crapped out, the only fix was a reboot. Is there non-reboot way? - Similar Threads - wifi crapped fix

2. reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.: reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot...
  3. reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.: reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot...
  4. Bugcheck reboot fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck reboot fix: I am getting bugcheck errors such as: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 0xffff9e850c2a0bb0, 0x0000c68769f654dc, 0xffff39789609ab23, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. rebooting after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting after connecting to wifi: My laptop is get restarted after connecting to my home wifi. whenever i connect to wifi after 20 minutes it shows you are about to be signed out Restart in one minute . please help me for tackle this problem....
  6. My Windows 10 is resetting to factory on reboot. Is there a way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 is resetting to factory on reboot. Is there a way to fix it?: All of my files are still there, but it replaces my background with the default one, forgets all my logins and extensions, treats all browsers and apps like they are being opened for the first time, resets all the custom setting, etc. Why is it doing this? I would like it so...
  7. Signed out of everything on reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signed out of everything on reboot: I have an issue that every time I reboot windows 10 pro, I am signed out of many of my accounts which require me to sign in again. My google account on chrome, adobe, zoom and Microsoft all require signing in before I can use. This is particularly a problem with the Adobe...
  8. Wifi connection drops on reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection drops on reboot: When I reboot my Win 10 laptop the wifi connection drops so I have to manually reconnect. How can I maintain the wifi connection when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-drops-on-reboot/0b25972c-da15-411a-929b-044b6a0d9ace
  9. Laptop Rebooting, But Only At Night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Rebooting, But Only At Night: Specs Dell G7 7790 laptop Core i7 9750H 16GB RAM RTX 2060 Win10 Home (latest major release and security updates) What's happening is seemingly daily now, around 5pm the system will start rebooting on its own for no apparent reason. It never seems to happen between the time...
  10. Only starts after reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only starts after reboot: Hi, After a complete and normal shutdown my PC start and hangs out with the Windows logo and round circles for ours. After doing a lot of reading and moving around, have detected that my systems starts perfectly ONLY when starts after a system reboot. This also happens...