Windows 10: Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

Discus and support Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys - newbie here. I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I'm having a problem with my wifi. The signal isn't very strong in my room, and since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mattpitt1991, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

Hi guys - newbie here. I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I'm having a problem with my wifi.

The signal isn't very strong in my room, and since upgrading, my laptop connects to the wifi for maybe a maximum of ten seconds before cutting out and searching for the network again. This process repeats and repeats, making it near impossible to do anything with the internet.

Now, when I go to the living room (this is where the router is, and where I am right now), the wifi stays connected just fine. I've read somewhere that Windows 10 has a higher 'threshold' for wifi connections (i.e. if the signal is weak, it will automatically disconnect). This didn't happen when I was using Windows 8 (even if the connection was often slow, it didn't disconnect).

So what can I do to continue using the wifi from my room? Is there any way to lower or remove this 'threshold' so Windows 10 doesn't keep automatically disconnecting from the wifi? (I've already tried the 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' trick, which didn't work.)

This is a frustrating problem, I don't want to have to downgrade to Windows 8 again. Thank you so much in advance!

:)

mattpitt1991, Jun 4, 2016
  2. catttttz Win User

Internet Cuts Out Regularly

The link doesn't help at all. The steps didn't work either.

catttttz, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Internet Cuts Out Regularly

You can check and try more advanced troubleshooting steps on this link.

Lov Dollente, Jun 4, 2016
  4. darrentx Win User

Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

What is the make and model of your PC? System specs would help too.

Updated drivers from the manufacture might help you.

darrentx, Jun 4, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    You could also try different channel in your router settings.

brummyfan, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Ah, updating the drivers worked in this case! I suppose my old ones weren't so compatible with Windows 10. Thank you very much, and sorry for my incompetency!

mattpitt1991, Jun 4, 2016
  7. darrentx Win User
    Glad to help!

darrentx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

1. Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly - Similar Threads - Wifi Cutting Very

2. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  3. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  4. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  6. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  7. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi cutting out randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi cutting out randomly: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week, my wifi cuts off on my computer randomly. It only lasts for around ten seconds before reconnecting, but it really interrupts games. The wifi on my other devices doesn't cut out, only on my computer and I don't know how to fix it :...
  9. wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi keeps cutting out: Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again. I have disabled "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", but unfortunately that doesn't fix it; this...
  10. WiFi Cuts Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Cuts Out: Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out. It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect. Sometimes, I have to reboot my device to get a connection back. Has anyone else had this occur to them and, if so, are they aware of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi cutting in and out windows 10