Windows 10: WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

Discus and support WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving. The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naturez27, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Naturez27 Win User

WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving.

The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at the available other networks, it is not there. It would appear again after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens a few time a day, but sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I tried it on other WIFIs and it doesn't seem to be causing problems, however, I just tried for a few hours, which I don't think would suffice for testing it.

Anyway, I am pretty sure it is a Windows 10 issue, or at least a windows related one, as this issue started occurring after I updated my Windows maybe a month ago. Whenever I had those random disconnects/disappearances my girlfriend had no problems. However, she also started experiencing them after she updated her as well, maybe 2 weeks after. I've spoken to other people and they also have the same issue with their own WIFIs.

I tried digging up solutions, but I couldn't find anything that would resolve the issue. The things I tried so far:
    - Making sure that the device doesn't go to sleep/ gets powered off by windows
    - Updated my network drivers
    - Tried the windows throubleshooting
    - Restarting the laptop
    - Setting WLAN Auto Config to Automatic
    - Making the connection Private
    - Disabled Hotspot 2.0

I don't believe that it should be antivirus related issue, as all the people that I asked have different antiviruses, and some don't even have one.

The only other solutions I could find that I haven't tried yet are to reinstall my network adapter, set the WIFI as a metered connection, and reinstall windows.

I am not sure if it would make any difference but my router is Technicolor TG799vn v2. The router itself should actually lose connection as it has an uptime round 5 days and I have experienced the issue several times the day before. I have set the channel to 13 as this one is the least active for my region. And there are just 3 devices connected to it - 2 laptops and a phone.

Let me know if you need more info and if I should try doing some of the things I haven't yet tried.

:)

Naturez27, Jun 15, 2018

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jun 15, 2018
  3. MomenUTD Win User
    WiFi keeps disconnecting after Windows 10 update

My WiFi keeps disconnecting and sometimes only get connected again after rebooting the machine or disabling and then enabling the network adapter. I switched to Windows 10 when it was first rolled out and this only happened a month ago, so I am guessing
    an automatic update has something to do with it.

It is not a matter with my router or ISP. I checked on other devices and placed the laptop near the antenna.

A typical scenario is that WiFi disconnects and then the network name disappears from the list and only appears again after a laptop/adapter reboot.

I tried so far: driver update, driver uninstall, windows updates uninstall, power management settings.

My machine is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 and the network adapter is a Broadcom make.

MomenUTD, Jun 15, 2018
  4. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

Matthewryaio, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

1. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update - Similar Threads - WIFI disconnecting disappearing

2. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnected/disappearing: Hey guys,So most importantly, when running Linux, my Wifi network is ALWAYS visible and NEVER disconnects.Now, in Windows 10 my 5Ghz SSID regularly disappears, leaving me connected to the incredibly slow 2.4Ghz. It completely disappears from the list of SSIDs, and will...
  3. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnected/disappearing: Hey guys,So most importantly, when running Linux, my Wifi network is ALWAYS visible and NEVER disconnects.Now, in Windows 10 my 5Ghz SSID regularly disappears, leaving me connected to the incredibly slow 2.4Ghz. It completely disappears from the list of SSIDs, and will...
  4. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  6. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting and disappearing WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting and disappearing WINDOWS 10: So everytime i try to connect to a wifi, its fine for 5-10 mins then it disconnects and ocasionally freezes. When that happens i just hold the power button to shut it down but when i turn the laptop back on the wifi adapter disappears in the device manager, however its there...
  8. wifi disconnection after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi disconnection after update: After the latest update, my WIFI keeps disconnecting everytime I play any online games. After disconnection, I can't connect back, a restart or two is needed before reconnection is possible. During browsing and other online activities its working fine....
  9. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  10. WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnects after updating Windows: Hi I upgraded my version of Windows 7 to Windows 10 on release day. After about a month or two of using it I completely disabled Windows Update and never had a problem with anything until recently which required me to update Windows. I updated it, and now about 30-60...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp folio 13 wifi disconnecting after sleep