Windows 10: Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956

Discus and support Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I had this problem on another post and though it was solved so I marked it as solved. After half a day with a new driver from the manufacturer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bobbobbob69, May 21, 2018.

1. Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956

Hi, I had this problem on another post and though it was solved so I marked it as solved. After half a day with a new driver from the manufacturer the problem started again. So it isnt solved.

ASUS X55B, laptop, AMD dual Core A9, Network adapter is Qualcomm AR956.

I noticed that it only disconects when i attempt to surf with chrome or explorer. If I don not open the browsers I have connection all the time and my dropbox will be synchronizing stuff all the time. I now learned that the connection drops when I open a browser and attempt to open a webpage. Sometime connection dies a soon as I press return after an address is typed, sometimes I can browse a webpage for half aminute. Then Its a pain in the ass to reconnect. Read my previous post. Prior to this I didnt have dropbox on the computer. When I though I had solved the problem I installed dropbox so that I could start using my stuff on that computer. What I now notice since dropbox is syncing gigabytes of stuff is that wifi connection never drops when dropbox is downloading, but connection drops when I open a browser and attempt to surf a webpage.

Wifi drops every 5-30 seconds - Windows 10 Forums

:)

bobbobbob69, May 21, 2018

2. low wifi signal on windows 10 - qualcomm atheros ar9485 - asus k46cb

since ive upgraded my ASUS K46CB to windows 10 everything was fine but suddenly after the last windows update, first of all my windows update is stucked (ive asked for help in another thread) and then my wifi signal dropped down. now i have to sit right
    behind the router to have 2 out of 5 bars. before that my laptop detectes 8 to 10 of my neighbours but now its just detecting me and i cant connect to router even in my bedroom.

ive tested every basic thing from troubleshooting to updating qualcomm atheros driver.

my laptop is an asus k46cb running windows 10 pro x64 and qualcomm atheros network adapter version 10.0.0.326.

SHoBBar MZ, May 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversay(Gen2) Upgrade: WiFi disconnects randomly

After upgrading from windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit to the windows 10 64 bit anniversary(gen2) my Wifi disconnects at random intervals. Why?

After disconnected it will NOT reconnect. I still see the available networks, just won't connect?

I have removed all VPN's and removed and reinstalled Wifi drivers from Manufacturers website. Asus X555L laptop. The ONLY way I can get back to the Wifi is a system shut down/restart. Any information of cure would be helpful.

I just discovered that the problem is the driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter. The DRIVER keeps wanting to disconnect. Asus and/or Qualcomm and/or Windows needs to update drivers...........................9/22/16

I have Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit build 14393

Note: By the way, my temporary 'fix' was to just add a usb wifi adapter and disable the Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter from device manager.

Below is the ASUS 'fix' that doesn't work, at least for me. It appears it is a Windows upgrade issue.............

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. I am sorry that you are having this issue with your unit. I am more than happy to assist you in resolving this.

Please copy and paste the link below to download the driver:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb...277.zip?_ga=1.234428830.1437812010.1468873725

If you are using Google Chrome browser, the file will be downloaded automatically.

If you're using Internet Explorer/Edge, you will be prompted to “Open" or "Save" the file, you may save the file to your desktop.

Step 1: Open the file downloaded and look for the “Setup” file, the file type should be an “Application”.

Step 2: Double click on the “Setup” file to run the application.

Step 3: Once installation has been completed, restart the system.

NB. In the event that the unit states that the software have been installed

Step 1: Please Right Click on the WINDOWS Start Key on the Start Screen

Step 2. Please select "Device Manager" from the menu.

Step 3. Please expand "Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver

Step 4. Please right click on the option with "Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Drive" and select "uninstall”.

Step 5: Please uncheck the box that asks you to delete the driver software. Do not delete the driver software.

Step 6: Please restart the unit and wait for the drivers to be reinstalled automatically by windows.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Thanks to Brian(below), I think we have a fix.

Uninstall the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver version QualcommAtheros_win10-10.0.0.329-whql(or possibly the latest one you have)

Install the oldest listed Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver on Asus website

WLAN_QualcommAtheros_Win10_64_VER1000321

Then restart and all should be good......................just make sure the device driver/manager didn't install the 'newest' driver, or in other words you may have to perform a 'manual driver update' and choose version 10.0.0.0.321 dated 06/16/2015 from
    your hard drive/folder

Windows, Qualcomm and ASUS are you paying attention!!!! Fix your issues.

RedondoBeachBoy, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956

1. Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956 - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects ASUS

2. Qualcomm Atheros driver disconnecting every time I open an online game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros driver disconnecting every time I open an online game.: For a couple of weeks my network driver has been disconnecting immediately every time I open the game, Dota 2. My device model is acer f-5 573g. My network driver Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter disconnects with error code 45 as seen in the screenshot....
  3. Qualcomm Atheros driver disconnecting every time I open an online game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros driver disconnecting every time I open an online game.: For a couple of weeks my network driver has been disconnecting immediately every time I open the game, Dota 2. My device model is acer f-5 573g. My network driver Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter disconnects with error code 45 as seen in the screenshot....
  4. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keep disconnecting

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keep disconnecting: Hello, i need some help, i was using my Laptop to watch YouTube and then suddenly the internet went silent, i wa trying to solve it but apparently none of them work1. Troubleshoot the WiFi: i choose this and the laptop couldn't find the issue so they told me to reset the...
  5. Asus X550J with a Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth not functioning

Asus X550J with a Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth not functioning: Updated windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 and having problems with the driver not working on and off. No bluetooth icon in control center. Do I need to reinstall driver or update it. What site do I find the drivers, ASUS doesn't even list my model number in the download...
  6. qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems

qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems: Hello! I Have an Asus VivoBook Max X541NA laptop and I've been having problems with the network adapter for a long time now. At first, it was only losing connection once in a while but then soon after it started failing a minute after getting it working again. I swear I...
  7. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi disconnects randomly with latest updates for Windows 101903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi disconnects randomly with latest updates for Windows 101903: Microsoft are aware there were problems with their latest couple of updates for Windows 1903. Atheros AR9485 Wifi disconnects randomly; resulting in intermittent wifi connection. Their latest update KB4524147, again fails in addressing the problem. As Microsoft appear...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi: My Qualcomm Atheros driver disappeared once again from my ASUS X507U. Last time it happened was last night and it happened tonight around 7pm. I tried reinstalling the Qualcomm driver that was recommended to me in my previous post but now, it doesn't work....
  9. Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working

Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working: So for a couple of weeks now the wifi adapter on my computer has been unavailable ( it keeps saying code 10) so I tried to update it to the 2017 version 10.0.3.456 but it still says code 10 and that device pci\ven_168c&dev_0032&subsys_11861a3b&rev_01\4&ae05e7f&0&00e3 had a...
  10. Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros: After clean installing windows 10 pro the latest version till today, my qualcomm atheros qca 9565 bt and wifi combo is disabled. I cant do anything to turn wifi on. What should i do? :'( my device is ok. Works with 8.1 and 7. But only here in windows 10 its disabled. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus qualcomm laptop