Windows 10: Wifi doesn't auto connect

Discus and support Wifi doesn't auto connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shotta287, Jan 5, 2018.

1. shotta287 Win User

Wifi doesn't auto connect

Hi all,
    Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this?

Many thanks.

:)

shotta287, Jan 5, 2018

2. Wifi network key remembering problem

It just simply doesn't remember the wifi connection im using. Though i have ticked the auto connect box like thousands times it still doesnt work. Moreover, all the wifi i have connected are deleted,nothing is left in wifi management, like auto reset.this
    article once posted in 2013 but i find no help. Plz seek me an answer to this problem.

Hùng Nguyễn Phụ, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Jakus.m Win User
    Vodafone R207 Pocket WiFi 3G with windows 10 metered connection issue

I have the same issue and there doesn't appear to be any fix. IF anyone could help that would be great.

I checked my home wifi and the metered connection setting is there, but on this 3G wifi modem there literally is no option (it doesn't appear in the advanced wifi options). I'm definitely connected to the modem via wifi n. Tried changing the IP, setting
    to auto connect etc.

Jakus.m, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

Try removing the "known" network and re-establishing it , making sure the Auto connect button is checked.....

This can happen if you manually choose another connection , Windows then stops "Managing" the Connections for you and you tend to lose the "auto" connect feature ....

this happens on a friend's laptop when I fix it (viruses) , he normally has to reset/redo it when he takes it home again......

KB

Kbird, Jan 5, 2018
  5. shotta287 Win User
    Tried many times to remove the known network. It started happening after a windows update halfway through 2017. Is this a known issue?

shotta287, Jan 6, 2018
  6. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jan 6, 2018
  7. Ben Myers Win User
    Ben Myers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi doesn't auto connect - Similar Threads - Wifi doesn't auto

2. Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.: Windows 11 clients not authenticating automatically and popping up the "Action Needed" dialog box. The computers would not authenticate automatically, but when following the dialog boxes we could get them to authenticate by manually telling the computer to try....
  3. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  4. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  5. Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?

Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?: Hi. last two times i've booted up, my PC hasn't connected to the wifi. my connection is in the list, it's ticked as "connect automatically" but for some reason it isn't. connects no prob when i click to make it and i haven't knowingly changed anything. any ideas? TIA 182989
  6. WiFi Card doesn't auto connect with the new Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Card doesn't auto connect with the new Win10 Update: Please lmk if this should be posted on another subreddit. I bought the TP-Link AX3000, model Archer TX3000E, about 4 months ago. I've always had Win10 and never had any issues with the card auto-connecting to Wifi. I recently updated Win10 to V 10.0.19041. Since then, every...
  7. Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi

Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi: WiFi doesn't auto-connect upon boot or reboot. Facts: HP laptop, Connect Automatically is checked, Manually clicking Connect works properly, My ISP-provided SSID is always top of the list and the strongest signal. WiFi disconnects from time to time for no...
  8. Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903

Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903: Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903 i have done all of that and in finally nothing : * troubleshoot : internet connections , network adapter * network reset * DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (succes) * sfc /scannow (succes) * forget password...
  9. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...