Windows 10: Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I've been travelling in Asia and Europe for a month and about the time I started I've been having wifi problems. Lately the issue on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chapmaco, Jan 28, 2017.

1. chapmaco Win User

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hello all,

I've been travelling in Asia and Europe for a month and about the time I started I've been having wifi problems. Lately the issue on attempting to diagnose, shows the message "wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration." I've tried like a dozen hot fixes I've seen on google or on this forum but nothing helps. Anyone have any insight? What information would be helpful for you guys? Thanks!!

:)

chapmaco, Jan 28, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 28, 2017
  3. notebook won't accept my isp

message reads- wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

288182ef-f4e0-4b68-9750-5ca80d853d3e, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Welcome to the TenForums @chapmaco

What wireless adapter is installed in device? What driver version is being run and who made the driver. ( You may wish to also confirm that what windows says you have is the same as what the manufacture says you have. This eliminates any incorrectly id'ed devices.)

Are you getting connected at all, spotty, or is it just no connection?

Could you id some of the things you've done so responders won't duplicate needlessly.

Caledon Ken, Jan 29, 2017
  5. This is similar to a problem I am having of late on two Laptops.

What happens is when you swop connection types or connect to different Wi-Fi hotspots, you get this message displayed and the Laptop will not renew the IP address settings. ( Not sure if I am describing it properly).
    Sometimes a simple "restart" sorts it out but not always.

I have had to resort to the following on a number of occasions.

Right click on the windows Icon, select "Command Prompt" or "Command Prompt (Admin)" and run

ipconfig /renew or ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew.

Hope this helps.

Geoff Daniell, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Geoff Daniell, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Okay. It maybe a little over the top but I would run the network reset. It will forget all networks and should set most settings back to default.

Start menu => Settings => Network and Internet

Scroll to bottom of right window and either at the bottom or near the bottom, "Reset Network".

You will need to re-enter all wireless passwords. Please ensure you click on Connect Automatically as you connect to each wireless network.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

1. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - Wifi doesn't valid

2. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration: My PC for the last few days hasn't been working properly, it connects to the wifi but it always displays as there being no internet. All my other devices work fine, so I tried resetting the router and that didn't work. I used the troubleshooting tool and it said that wifi...
  3. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  4. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  5. wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration: Hello i am struggling with this problem with my laptop, every time i power up my device it connects to my Wi-Fi but say "no internet connection". I have internet connection on all my other devices except my laptop. Every time i power it up i have to uninstall my Wi-Fi drivers...
  6. wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration

wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration: Hello i am struggling with this problem with my laptop, every time i power up my device it connects to my Wi-Fi but say "no internet connection". I have internet connection on all my other devices except my laptop. Every time i power it up i have to uninstall my Wi-Fi drivers...
  7. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: this was posted before in Portuguese, got only one answer, here i expect more people seeing this post. From one day to another the connection was not working and when using troubleshooter i got the message "wifi does'nt have a valid configuration" Tried this...
  8. "WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration": This is the error message that I get when trying to connect to the internet on my desktop Is there any simple fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wifi-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration/820af2b3-1e32-4f6c-bdc0-25796937ae1c
  9. "WiFi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

"WiFi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: My computer worked fine this morning. I restarted it and now no longer have internet access. I can connect to my network but have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter and it says that my "WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I've tried multiple things I've...
  10. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: We recently got a new Spectrum router and I now am unable to connect to the internet on my PC. This problem has never happened before and is not happening on any other devices in my home (4 Macs, 5 phones) when using the troubleshooter I get the message that the wifi does not...