Windows 10: Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration?

Discus and support Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP Paviion laptop, running Windows 10. Every time that I turn on the laptop, I get the error message "Wifi doesn't have a valid ip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bestusername, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration?

Hi,

I have a HP Paviion laptop, running Windows 10. Every time that I turn on the laptop, I get the error message "Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" when connecting to my wifi. I am able to get round it by accessing the command prompt and typing:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    Exit

This sorts the issue temporarily, however every time I turn my laptop back on I have to repeat these steps in order to access my wifi. I am hoping someone is able to provide a permanent solution to this? To add to this I am unsure of where the actual issue occurs, as I can connect different laptops to the same wifi fine, never had any issues. The "faulty" laptop in question is happy to connect to other wifi signals with no issues as well. The issue only happens with the one laptop and my home wifi. Any help would be appreciated. I don't remember changing any settings on my laptop either.

Thanks.

:)

bestusername, Jan 17, 2017

2. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration:Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 13 laptop

if you want your laptop to have a valid ip configuration, you can follow these steps.

wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration error solved

ViktorMendez, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration?

Welcome to the TenForums @bestusername

When you say "turn your laptop on" is this truly a power up situation or an awaken from sleep.

Couple of quick things to check. Go to wifi adapter in device manager and click on Power Tab. Remove check mark from "Allow computer to shut off device to save power. Test.

You could also try the Network troubleshooter to see if it will clear situation. Type troubleshooting into Cortana, select troubleshooting, top of list, when window opens, click "View all" upper left.

There is also a Network reset, ===>>>> Settings, Network and Internet, scroll to bottom, reset. Wifi passwords will be forgotten.

If that does not clear it, you might also want to try these two reset commands from Command prompt(admin)

netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

With commands don't enter info in brackets, that is there to tell you what command does.

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2017
Thema:

Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration?

1. Wifi doesnt have a valid ip configuration? - Similar Threads - Wifi doesnt valid

2. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  3. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  4. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  5. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  6. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration.": I am currently using WINDOWS10. Not sure if this is related to it. I keep getting a message saying "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration." I am not savvy with computer issues and am wondering if someone can help me here or perhaps tell me where I might get help. Is...
  8. ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration: hi, dell OptiPlex 755, windows 10 pro, 1903 version, adaptor reads indentifying,no connection,no internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration/478197e4-d0e5-47c3-bbd9-91cd1b14c5e2
  9. ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello windows pro updated a few days ago, alittle wile after that lost my net work, got a new router (needed one updated anyway) now cant connect when run troubleshooter it comes up with this ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration, any ideas?...
  10. Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration

Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration: After updating windows 10 last night. I woke up with this error I've googled and tried netsh commands but it didn't work. Any help would be appriciated. Also tried updating drivers, did not work. using the ipconfig /release causes no operation can be performed error My...