Windows 10: Wifi Download Speed Issue

Discus and support Wifi Download Speed Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops (Win7 and Win 10) that have suffered a serious degradation of download speed in the last week or 2. Wired, I achieve around 37mb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerekRobinson1, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Wifi Download Speed Issue

I have 2 laptops (Win7 and Win 10) that have suffered a serious degradation of download speed in the last week or 2. Wired, I achieve around 37mb download and 9mb upload. Now, over wifi, I'm getting 1-5mb download, but still get 9mb upload.

I've seen other questions from last year (Creators update) and have tried everything I could find: rolling back/uninstalling wifi drivers; uninstalling Intel software; resetting the wifi adapter; etc; all to no avail.

Until recently, my wifi performance has been great. Has an issue been (re)introduced with a recent update or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Derek.

:)

DerekRobinson1, Aug 26, 2018

2. wifi downloading speed?

it means wifi speed depend on ram and processors

and how much kbps downloading speed i get with 4mbps wifi

Rainbow7---01, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Wifi Download Speed Issue

wifi downloading speed?

if i use 4mbps wifi in pc and i get 450kbps downloading speed and if i use this 4mbps wifi on nokia c6-01 and n97 mini then can 450kbps wifi speed in these mobiles like pc

Rainbow7---01, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Download Speed Issue

1. Wifi Download Speed Issue - Similar Threads - Wifi Download Speed

2. Wifi Speed Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Speed Issues: Hello,I have come across and issue that I have not had before, I am getting less the 5mbps download and up load speed on my desk top. It is a little older desktop approximately five years old with a 1060 graphics card.I have since gotten a new computer but I leave this one at...
  3. Wifi Speed Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Speed Issues: Hello,I have come across and issue that I have not had before, I am getting less the 5mbps download and up load speed on my desk top. It is a little older desktop approximately five years old with a 1060 graphics card.I have since gotten a new computer but I leave this one at...
  4. Wifi Speed Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Download speed issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed issue: I'm trying to download a file, but the download is very slow, but when I did an internet speed test the test result is way higher than what my download speed is. Is there any way to fix it?...
  6. Download speed issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speed issue: I'm trying to download a file, but the download is very slow, but when I did an internet speed test the test result is way higher than what my download speed is. Is there any way to fix it?...
  7. WiFi speed issues

WiFi speed issues: After a reboot my WIFi speed is fine. if I immediately test the speed again, it has dropped radically.e.g. from 200Gb/s to 30 Gb/s Sometimes a further reboot will return the original speed, sometimes not, but it always drops off immediately. System is desktop Windows 10 Pro,...
  8. Download speed issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Download speed issue: This is sort of a weird situation, but I will just go ahead and explain. My computer would usually download things at 10MB/s at least, usually around 11 or 12. For some reason, my laptop would randomly have a slower download speed of 3 or 4 MB/s. When this happens, I would...
  9. WIFI speed issue

WIFI speed issue: Hi Team, Me facing an issue while using internet with WiFi connectivity on my PC. Me using 2 Mbps speed on my other devices but my PC just provide me max 1 Mbps why? Need your assistance. FYI - Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC, windows 10 recently...
  10. WiFi Speed Issue

WiFi Speed Issue: I have a Toshiba Satellite with a new 500gb ssd and a clean Win 10 install. Internet download speed when connected to the router via cat 5 in approx. 150Mbps, but via wifi is about 2Mbps. My other laptop, phone and tablet all have no issues when connecting via wifi so this...