Windows 10: Wifi drops to 2.4

Discus and support Wifi drops to 2.4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed win 10 today and all went fine. It found all my programs and settings with one exception: it will not stay at 5G. It drops out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sven1458, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Sven1458 Win User

Wifi drops to 2.4

Hi all,
    I installed win 10 today and all went fine. It found all my programs and settings with one exception: it will not stay at 5G. It drops out and then reconnects to 2.4.
    I have a Belkin wireless adaptor N600 DB. Model F9L1101v2
    I know it is not my adaptor, because it will work just fine on a different computer running win 7 and the modem is working just fine also, so it must be win 10 that is the problem.
    Anyone else have that problem and cot it fixed?
    Thanks
    Sven

:)

Sven1458, Aug 16, 2015

2. WiFi Access Point & WiFi Access Point are on different WiFi Channels. Performance may be degraded.

This can and has happened when both the 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi adapter, if one's computer has more than one wifi adapter is connected to their router. Try only using the 2.4 GHZ or 5 GHZ wifi connection if that is the case.

Dan1986ist, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Jiri02 Win User
    Airplane mode + Wi-Fi

I have similar problem: I am using on Lumia 520 (Denim) WiFi 2.4 GHz WPA-2 connection with Aitplane Mode usualy without problems. But in some cases I not able to connet to some WiFi hotspots with Aitplane Mode. In this cases I need the Aitplane Mode swich
    off and afterwads I am able to connet to those WiFi hotspots (2.4 GHz). I found that one of those WiFi 2.4 GHz hotspots is WPA personal (not WPA-2). When is Aitplane Mode on, this hotspot is not found.-

Jiri02, Aug 16, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Wifi drops to 2.4

Hi,
    Go to Device manager, right click Wi-Fi adapter, can you find any similarity with my snip? you need to look under Advanced tab in Properties.

Wifi drops to 2.4 [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Sven1458 Win User
    Hi brummyfan,
    no my thing is a lot smaller, I don't have all those options

Thanks
    Sven

Sven1458, Aug 17, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Sven1458 Win User
    yes I have, that is the one installed now

Thanks

Sven1458, Aug 17, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Wifi drops to 2.4

If the 2.4 ghz signal is stronger I would think the network adapter is probably sensing that and shifting to the stronger signal. If you are not going to use that computer/adapter on 2.4 ghz at all, can you go into the hardware properties and set it for 5 ghz only?

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Sven1458 Win User
    I think you are correct, the 2.4 signal has 5 bars the 5.0 has only 4 bars.
    that may be the problem. I can not set it to 5.0 only. I guess I have to live with that.
    Thanks
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi drops to 2.4

1. Wifi drops to 2.4 - Similar Threads - Wifi drops

2. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  3. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  4. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  5. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  6. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

7. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  8. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  9. Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?

Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?: Ever since the update to Windows 10 years ago, well right away Windows 10 would not recognize hardwiring from my computer to the modem/router, so I had to buy a WiFi stick, which is about 8 inches away from the modem/router provided to me by Spectrum cable TV and internet...
  10. Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?: Ever since the update to Windows 10 years ago, well right away Windows 10 would not recognize hardwiring from my computer to the modem/router, so I had to buy a WiFi stick, which is about 8 inches away from the modem/router provided to me by Spectrum cable TV and internet...