Windows 10: Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update

Discus and support Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After the creators update, my wifi will often drop whenever I AFK long enough for the screen to shut off and go to lockscreen. The wifi would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sui, Sep 11, 2017.

1. SUI
    Sui Win User

Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update

Hello,

After the creators update, my wifi will often drop whenever I AFK long enough for the screen to shut off and go to lockscreen. The wifi would reconnect if I "wake" the computer to enter password, but this causes any app I'm using that uses internet to disconnect whenever I AFK.

The lockscreen also takes MUCH longer than pre-creators update to appear. It will simply display my lockscreen wallpaper for nearly a whole minute, then after that display the password input. It's almost as if whenever I AFK, the computer simply goes to sleep instead of only shutting off screen.

I checked in settings and made sure the computer does NOT go to sleep when I AFK, in power settings. I also made sure the network driver does not turn off when away for X minutes, also in power settings. I'm not sure what else to check?

:)

2. x2lls Win User

Phone keeps going inoperable when connected/disconnected to the mains.

Since Mango update, whenever I connect or disconnect the phone (HD7) to mains, it basically dies. It appears to be when wifi is switched on. On many occasions, settings/wifi shows wifi 'off', but when wifi is selected, it shows 'on'. Any attempt to switch
    between wifi on or off gets no response.If I press the power button to switch the screen off, it will not switch back on. I have to keep removing the battery to recover. It also dies if the screen is left to go dim after a short time. Touching the screen
    will bring it back to full brightness. Anyone else had similar problems?

x2lls, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Fast Shutdown

Ever since I updated my computers to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my computers are not shutting down in fast shutdown mode. Can I turn the feature back on or is this a bug until Microsoft can update the OS with a fix?

All of my computers have the UEFI BIOS. So, they should shut down like they always have.

What’s happening is when I go to log off at night and shut down, the computer has an extra screen that says “Shutting Down” and it will eventually go off. When I go to start it up, it says “Please Wait”, and then it will eventually return to the Lock
    screen. It acts as if the profile is loading slower in the Fall Creators Update than the previous update. Can someone help me with this issue? It used to not have an extra screen when shutting down or starting up. It would go directly to the lock screen or
    would directly shut down.

Jesse.Williams, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update

1. Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update - Similar Threads - Wifi drops whenever

2. Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.: I left my laptop on overnight with an autoclicker set to 50 milliseconds, when I woke up the next day black squares and rectangles were on the screen and later the black shapes turned into a blank black screen even when I tryed to restart the laptop the same screen showed up....
  3. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  4. Monitor shuts off when I go afk for some time and I’m getting frequent blue screens.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor shuts off when I go afk for some time and I’m getting frequent blue screens.: My computer just started having this issue. It’s a laptop with an external monitor and keyboard. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? Is my computer already at the end of its lifespan? submitted by /u/Drake_1054 [link] [comments]...
  5. Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update: Before the update my laptop's (Asus rog gm501gs) wifi (intel AC wireless 9560) works perfectly fine. After the update my wifi will stop working once in a while. This is especially annoying when i am playing games like League of Legend. One thing i noticed when this happens is...
  6. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087
  7. Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update: Computer did automatic update to Creators update 2 days ago and ever since my wifi keeps dropping internet every 5-10 mins randomly. I cant find any updated drivers for my laptop. I am using Toshiba C55T-A5102 with a realtek RTL8188EE wireless lan . I have disabled the...
  8. Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down takes longer after Creators Update: After the Creators Update was done on my PC, I shut the PC down but it took considerably longer to shut down than usual. I then started it back up to see if anything was running or something and I had nothing but a black screen with a scrambled bar across the screen. I...
  9. After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower

in Windows 10 Support
    After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower: Before the Fall Creators Update, shutting down took about 2-3 seconds (literally). After the update, it now takes 22-30 seconds. Why is this happening? Is Windows trying to do incremental additional updates during shutdown? Is this something that will automatically go back...
  10. Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue: Ok, since the 1709 update my screen turns off after 3 minutes. No matter what. No matter what my screen setting or sleep setting is at. A billion minutes or Never. Screen shuts off in 3 minutes with the lid up. The pc doesn't go to sleep, just the screen turns off. I've...