Windows 10: Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG

Discus and support Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Event log shows numerous information event 5010 at same time system will not connect to any Wifi device, although Wifi networks show in list. Error is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArnB, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ArnB Win User

Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG

Event log shows numerous information event 5010 at same time system will not connect to any Wifi device, although Wifi networks show in list. Error is in module netwlv32.sys. Issue generally occurs after waking from sleep but sometimes at random moments. Sometimes network trouble shooter solves the issue, sometimes not. Same with going back to sleep and waking.

Hope someone has some ideas on how to cure this.
    Thank you

What I've done so far.
    Wifi mostly failed after upgrading my Dell E1505 Laptop to Windows 10 with a flood of 5010 information events using MS driver
    Installed Intel driver 13.4.0.139 (for Windows 7), most issues resolved, except for this occasional Wifi failure
    Attempted to install later versions of Intel drivers, they do not install.

:)

2. ArnBurk Win User

Thanks Parth and company.

My current work around: purchase USB Windows 10 compatible, dual band wireless device....but I trust you will save me from doing that. I'm available for testing any fixes.

ArnBurk, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.
    Kindly follow the below given method and check if issue is resolved.

Method 1:

Try resetting TCP/IP and check if it works.

• Press Windows key + X key, and click on Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type the following command in Command Prompt and press ENTER:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

• Reboot the computer.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check if the following setting has been set to disable the network connection frequently:

Note: Make sure that you are logged-in as an administrator to make these changes.

• Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right Click on the network driver and click on
      Properties
    • Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG - Similar Threads - Wifi fails connect

2. Integrated MB intel 6e Wifi connection failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated MB intel 6e Wifi connection failed: I reinstalled my PC and I have run into an issue. Chief among them being the fact that I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in. I have the wifi option in my network/internet page but it seems not to work and connect. I installed the latest wifi drivers...
  3. Integrated MB intel 6e Wifi connection failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated MB intel 6e Wifi connection failed: I reinstalled my PC and I have run into an issue. Chief among them being the fact that I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in. I have the wifi option in my network/internet page but it seems not to work and connect. I installed the latest wifi drivers...
  4. Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection: I updated the window from there onwards i did not get network options "WIFI" . it is supporting to only LAN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-window-10-update-failed-to-use-wifi/7a2f7622-ff83-4020-b207-0321cde92869
  5. Intel AX200 Wifi Card connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel AX200 Wifi Card connectivity issues: I am at the end of my tether. Recently upgraded my ancient PCI wifi Card to a TP Link AX3000E. Since upgrading, I have frequent issues when connected to my Virgin Superhub 3, where I will randomly loose connection (and go to connected, but no internet) until I use the...
  6. Secure connection failed error on Wifi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure connection failed error on Wifi.: I hv a ryzen 5 3600 pc with rx 570, msi b450 pro carbon ac wifi mobo. A few days ago my browser started showing the error on some websites and then everything started to show the same..internet would not connect but on vpn it worked. Is there a fix? Im using win 10 1903 v2...
  7. realtek 3945abg intel driver patch win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek 3945abg intel driver patch win 10: working on toshiba satellite A135-4467. upgrade from win vista to win10 now i have no lan no wireless and no usb read to connect a wifi dongle. have tried all the listed drivers for win 7 and win 10 that microsoft has and that intel has, is there a patch im missing as i...
  8. wifi connection failing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection failing: a few days ago I was having an issue with win 10 and I had to do a clean install from an iso. No problem with that, in fact the machine now runs like new. however I have noticed that I now lose my internet connection and can only re-establish it by restarting. I trouble...
  9. Laptop fails to connect to wifi even when correct password is used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop fails to connect to wifi even when correct password is used: before I went on vacation I was connected to the wifi with no problems, but while I was away, I had a problem and had to reinstall windows now im back 10 days later and when I input the correct password it does not connect, "cannot connect to this network" here is a list of...
  10. Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized: I updated W7x64 to W10 Pro x64. The machine is WXP generation notebook. My problem is that the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized or Network and Sharing Center - Change Adapter Settings does not list this adapter. The Device Manager does show the adapter but with...