Windows 10: WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Discus and support WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed windows10 pro in my laptop. I used window8 before it. I was able to make wifi hotspot in my previous windows8. But in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RezaulKarim, Mar 20, 2016.

1. WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Hi, I have installed windows10 pro in my laptop. I used window8 before it. I was able to make wifi hotspot in my previous windows8. But in this windows10 pro I can not use wifi hotspot with my samsunggallaxy s3 phone. I have used several types of wifi hotspot creator software, like, my wifi router (I used it before), my public wifi, baidu wifi, virtual router and with COMMAND Prompt. Phone is showing connected, but cannot access to the internet. Please help me.

My laptop config:
    Asus dual core
    model: a42f

:)

RezaulKarim, Mar 20, 2016

2. How to create my Windows 10 laptop into a Wifi Hotspot

I connect my laptop to a WiFi hotspot but the problem with this WiFi connection is that only one laptop/smartphone can be connected at a time. So I am thinking to turn my laptop into a hotspot.

Please help me with the steps to be taken to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

itisutkarsh, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Lucas320 Win User
    some wifi hotspots are invisible for nokia 5800

my problem is that some wifi hotspot are not visible for my nokia 5800.

I know the wifi hotspot is there because I can connect to it with mij laptop.

Also, a friend of mijn can connect to the wifi hotspot with an HTC telefon.

I can easily connect to my home wifi and other hotspots without any problems,

but some hotspots just won't connect.

For one particular hotspot, I know it doesn't use mac-filtering and doesn't

require fixed ip adresses. And I was able to connect to it in the past, but

it is invisible now.

what could be the problem and how can it be solved?

Lucas320, Mar 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Are you trying to turn a wired Ethernet connection into WiFi? I don't know if this works in Windows 10:
    Turn Windows Into A WiFi Hotspot Share Your Internet Connection

I can tell you an alternative that I have used which worked fantastic on a family vacation for us:

Amazon.com: HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port, High Performance- TripMate Nano (Not a Hotspot): Computers Accessories

That little unit worked great in several roles on my trip and can be powered from a USB port - or USB wall charger. In the car I had it plugged into cigarette lighter USB charger for power, it powered a USB hard drive with movies and created a WiFi LAN so the non-drivers could watch movies on our laptops/tablets. Using Open Garden software I was also able to share the data connection from our cell phones to our WiFi only tablets/laptops when they were all connected to the same WiFi LAN created by the unit.

You can plug a wired Ethernet cable into it and it will create a WiFi LAN for you - so in a location with wired Ethernet you can plug in your USB hard drive, have all your computers connected via WiFi for file sharing/streaming, and internet browsing via the LAN connection. The hotel LAN connection stays on a separate subnet so other users on the hotel LAN can't get to your computers/shared hard drive.

At one location I was able to connect the unit to the resorts WiFi which was out of range of our laptops/tablets and it repeated the signal for us so we could have internet in our cabin after the resort told us WiFi internet was only available in their lounge, although it did take a while for the unit to acquire the WiFi signal and pull an IP address, but once it did it kept it and we were good to go.

When it says "not a hotspot" it means that it won't connect to a 3G or 4G cell phone data signal and convert that to WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Mar 20, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    There is software out there to use your computer as a Hotspot. No need for extra hardware.

bro67, Mar 21, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    And? Is a suggestion following?

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  7. Thanks for reply me. But I am searching how to make my laptop into wifi hotspot without any hardware.

RezaulKarim, Mar 21, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  9. nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi Hotspot Problem

2. Wifi hotspot problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi hotspot problems with my laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10, up to date. I use my phone as a hotspot, but even though it shows the signal as at full strength, it's mostly about 10 times slower than dial up. When I use it on my phone, the signal is fine and it works normally.It takes ages for Windows to...
  3. Wifi hotspot problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi hotspot problems with my laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10, up to date. I use my phone as a hotspot, but even though it shows the signal as at full strength, it's mostly about 10 times slower than dial up. When I use it on my phone, the signal is fine and it works normally.It takes ages for Windows to...
  4. my laptop wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop wifi problem: When I open the laptop it connects normally to the WiFi but after I open an app on the laptop the wifi suddenly disconnects and when I try to connect it back it says can't connect to this network then after some time it stops detecting networks all in all to fix this I just...
  5. Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot

Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot: My laptop have Windows 10. Recently my laptop was connected to WiFi network through my phone's wifi hotspot but it showed me a yellow warning on the symbol. But whenever I use WiFi network of another device's WiFi hotspot, the internet runs smoothly but it never work on the...
  6. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  7. ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT

ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT: my devices can connect to my laptop WIFI hotspot but it says there is no internet on the devices. Anyone with a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-laptop-wifi-hotspot/26c2ede0-1106-4b3a-b670-754ef1b9b6f7
  8. Problems with wifi hotspot win10

Problems with wifi hotspot win10: Hello! I tried to see if I could share wifi from my computer (Lenovo T440s, win10 ver 1803). But connected devices don't get out on the internet (android, get message: "connected, no internet"). What should I do to get them out running on the net? Cheers, Fredrik...
  9. Problem with wifi hotspot

Problem with wifi hotspot: I cannot connect the devices to my WiFi hotspot. I see the message on the device that it has IP address configuration failure. It appears when I try to connect it to my PC hotspot. What’s the remedy?...
  10. wifi hotspot problem

wifi hotspot problem: when i make the hotspot on from smartphone it get connected with the laptop but it shows ACCESS TYPE NO INTERNET CONNECTION. please solve this issue so that i can do some work. 33462