Windows 10: WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area

Discus and support WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot get the WIFI status tile to show in the Notification Area. There is no option in Settings - Notifications and actions - to turn this off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carrotmuseum, Feb 9, 2016.

1. WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area

I cannot get the WIFI status tile to show in the Notification Area.

There is no option in Settings - Notifications and actions - to turn this off and on.

:)

carrotmuseum, Feb 9, 2016
  2. [---] Win User

Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I guess that I finally found the solution on W10 : when you check the 'Hide when minimized' option, you also have to check the 'Always visible' option. Then when TaskManager window is minimized, its icon is sent to
    the notification area. Without the 'Always visible' option, the icon simply disappears in W10.

I use TaskScheduler to automatically launch TaskManager as minimized when I log in, so the TaskManager icon always waits for me in the notification area, as I'm used to since Windows 95 !!!

[---], Feb 9, 2016
  3. ravidavi Win User
    5800 - New Email Icon Wont Go

chanchan: They are not talking about the homescreen email widget. They are talking about the little email icon that shows up in the notification area (top right of the screen) when there is a new email. That is not controlled by the homescreen email notification
    visibility setting.

Ravi

ravidavi, Feb 9, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area

WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area [​IMG]

5. No, you misunderstand. I want it to appear in the notification panel. The one which is like a quotation square,with horizontal lins on it.Click that box and it shows flight mode, quiet hours etc

carrotmuseum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area

1. WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area - Similar Threads - WIFI icon visible

2. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  3. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  4. Unwanted icons in the notification area

Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  5. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  6. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  7. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  8. Notification Area Icons location

Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  9. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...
  10. Notification area icon problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon problems: Hey guys, A few days ago I started getting a pop up error message when I log in to windows. [img] Aside from this error, which from what I understand says that it is having trouble loading the icon in the notification area, I also noticed that the icons for some...