Windows 10: Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V

Discus and support Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I notice the CU version now shows the wifi icon if running a hyper-v vm, rather than an internet icon. This means you can now tell how many "bars" you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, May 17, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V

I notice the CU version now shows the wifi icon if running a hyper-v vm, rather than an internet icon. This means you can now tell how many "bars" you are getting at a glance.

PS for eagle eyed, you will see the vm is called EUFI .... , that is the European Union version of UEFI *chuckle.

Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V [​IMG]

:)

cereberus, May 17, 2017
  2. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, May 17, 2017
  3. PhilB_VA Win User
    Hyper-V, Windows 10 and Transfers

I upgraded my Windows 10 Home recently to Windows 10 Pro to use Hyper-V for legacy software. I set up Hyper-V without too much difficulty, installed Windows XP as the operating system, and everything operated fine. Then I discovered Hyper-V seems to be
    user-hostile when it comes to transferring files from the host PC to the VM. Most of the help I found on the internet was highly technical and/or written several years ago when Hyper-V rolled out on Windows 8 or 8.1.

Microsoft's VPC 2007 was a wonderful, intuitive piece of software. I miss it. Do you have step-by-step instructions in simple English for configuring Hyper-V to share documents with the host PC, and vice versa? Do you have any insight whether a simplified
    fix is coming in the near future?

PhilB_VA, May 17, 2017
Thema:

Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V

1. Wifi icon now shows on host when using Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Wifi icon shows

2. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  3. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  4. hyper v is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyper v is not showing: HYPER V IS NOT SHOWING HERE BEFORE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11 22H2, HYPER V WAS SHOWING HERE. PLEASE TELL IS THIS A PROBLEM OR NOT, ALSO IF NOT THEN HOW WILL IT BE SHOWN HERE?...
  5. hyper v is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyper v is not showing: HYPER V IS NOT SHOWING HERE BEFORE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11 22H2, HYPER V WAS SHOWING HERE. PLEASE TELL IS THIS A PROBLEM OR NOT, ALSO IF NOT THEN HOW WILL IT BE SHOWN HERE?...
  6. hyper-v not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper-v not show: my windows hyper-v setting not shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-show/5df2ce39-7253-4239-9806-9fa54ce3694d
  7. Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.: Not a big deal as easy enough to get round issue but I discovered something odd when using rdp. I have a vm and in enhanced mode, it is sett up to show host drives in the VM and this works fine. If I remote connect to Host using Splashtop, I can see the Host drives in...
  8. HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST

HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST: Hi there I can't install HYPER-V properly on a W10 HOST -- gets message about something in BIOS not enabled. Installs fine on W8.1 . On W10 the boxes are greyed out. Cheers jimbo 2284
  9. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  10. Hyper V not Showing Host Machine

Hyper V not Showing Host Machine: Hyper V Manager Not showing Host Machine so i can make virtual machine screen shoot is below [img] 51539
Tags: