Windows 10: WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Discus and support WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the upgrade I performed a "Reset this PC" with "Keep my files". Periodically the wifi will die. No networks will appear in the list in the pane... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by devtinagub, Oct 23, 2015.

1. WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

After the upgrade I performed a "Reset this PC" with "Keep my files". Periodically the wifi will die. No networks will appear in the list in the pane which appears when one clicks the icon at the bottom right.The fastest way to fix it is to click the left-most button twice, which seems to disable/re-enable and automatically reconnect to the network. I have checked the router. The problem is not manifesting on another Lenovo laptop upgraded the same way. I am using the latest available network driver.So far I haven't performed a clean install due to the time it will take. Let me guess a clean install will solve?

:)

devtinagub, Oct 23, 2015
  2. EricHoff Win User

Certain functions in my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) are disabled in Windows 10.

Hi there,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Now when I go to NFL.com/Fantasy Football and try to edit my teams the drag and drop functionality plus the slide out "Feedback" tabs don't work. They worked fine in Windows 8.1 --- and --- They work fine in
    Microsoft Edge now. Please help.

I am on a Lenovo T420 with Windows 10 Intel 2.5ghz dual core cpu 4mb ram.

Thanks for you help.

Eric

EricHoff, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Lenovo T420s Windows 10 Driver Question

I want to upgrade to windows 10 and do a clean install but all of the drivers that Lenovo provides on their website for the T420s aren't meant for windows 10 yet. Has anyone tried doing it anyway and found any other alternatives???

PrometheanExodus, Oct 23, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Maybe Windows Update replaced the WiFi driver and the new one is not 100% compatible with your model. Try installing the driver from Lenovo's site. To keep Windows Update from replacing it again, see this post of how to hide the relevant updates so they are excluded.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

1. WIFI intermittent on a Lenovo T420 upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - WIFI intermittent Lenovo

2. Win 10 Pro upgrade on Thinkpad T420

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Pro upgrade on Thinkpad T420: Question for the hive mind. I have an older Lenovo Thinkpad, Model T420 with an I5 Intel Core. Wondering if anyone has had experience with this model when updating from W10 Pro Ver 1909 to Ver 2004 or even to Ver 20H2. This unit started life as a W7-64 bit unit but has...
  3. remove lenovo thinkpad T420 admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove lenovo thinkpad T420 admin: administer removing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-admin/631babad-d928-410c-a5e1-69195e6663fa
  4. Lenovo T420 touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T420 touchscreen: Is it possible to download a driver that will enable touchscreen on my Windows 10? It is not listed under HID Compliant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-t420-touchscreen/d5ec14a1-16b3-40cf-81fb-09334f76c167
  5. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  6. Windows.old and Lenovo Recovery on Lenovo T420

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows.old and Lenovo Recovery on Lenovo T420: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my T420. I was just wondering if I can still use the Lenovo Recovery partition without the Windows.old folder. If I can't, then that's okay. I'll just keep both. Sincerely, JayBurch1...
  7. Older Lenovo T420 laptop will not boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Older Lenovo T420 laptop will not boot to Windows: I am trying to help out my brother with his old Lenovo T420 laptop. It came with Win7. I upgraded to Win10 back when free upgrades were offered. All went well. Now several years later he asked me to have a look at it because it will not boot to Windows. I tried to repair. I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro running abnormally slow on Lenovo T420

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro running abnormally slow on Lenovo T420: Greetings everyone, I am running Windows 10 Pro for almost 2 months now on my Lenovo T420 laptop. It's been running great until a couple of weeks ago where it dived bigtime in performance. I suspected it was a new 3rd party battery (had been running great for a couple of...
  9. Lenovo Thinkpad T420 clean install after upgrade.

Lenovo Thinkpad T420 clean install after upgrade.: Just purchased a refurbished T420 with win 10 pro updated from win 7 pro, am wanting to do a clean install. Anyone running a T420 on win 10 would appreciate any advice. my only concern is obtaining correct drivers or will windows install them. 87516
  10. windows 8 to 10 upgrade

windows 8 to 10 upgrade: I have windows 8 (not 8.1) on a laptop. I have ran updates till there are no more important updates. I want to upgrade to 10. I looked at the tutorial (Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup#step6) and it seems straight forward....