Windows 10: WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Discus and support WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Win10 my Sony Vaio laptop connects ok to my BT wireless router but after a short while I lose the Internet connection. This happens because Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerry Atric, Sep 10, 2015.

1. WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Using Win10 my Sony Vaio laptop connects ok to my BT wireless router but after a short while I lose the Internet connection. This happens because Win10 decides to switch to another wireless network which is secured and I do not have the password. When I disconnect this other network, reconnect back to mine, tick connect automatically I get Internet connection again only to lose it for the same reason a few minutes later. I guess it is WiFi Sense doing this but if so it should be renamed WiFi NonSense. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?
    Thanks for any input.

:)

Gerry Atric, Sep 10, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Computer security

If your computer uses an Ethernet connection, the internet is always 'on.' The only way to turn it 'off' is to unplug the Ethernet cable or the coaxial cable that connects your modem to the internet.

If your computer uses a WiFi connection, you can click on the WiFi icon in the system tray and click on the network to which you are currently connected, then choose disconnect.

Keep in mind that modern computers and the internet work hand-in-hand, so if you disconnect from the internet you will lose considerable functionality.

BulldogXX, Sep 10, 2015
  3. RENECONDE Win User
    Explorer works for 15-20 minutes and then disconnects.

After installing windows 10 on my desktop, Internet explorer works for about 15-20 minutes (I'm connected broadband) and then disconnects me. Keeps telling me to check cable & network connections. There is no problem with the WIFI as I can use tablet and
    other WIFI devices. I reboot computer to be able to re-connect to internet. But again after 15-20 minutes it disconnects me again.

can anyone help?

RENECONDE, Sep 10, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.*Smile

lol *Biggrin

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
    Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
    Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
    and/or
    Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Thanks for the suggestion which seems to work at the moment.

Gerry Atric, Sep 10, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    You're welcome!

Please mark the thread as solved by clicking on the button. This helps others with the same issue find the solution too. *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  7. opajaap Win User
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue, but disabling windows(non)sense dos not help. I switched all three switches off on the winsense settings page, but no effect.

opajaap, May 7, 2016
  8. Stevekir Win User

Just to say this solved my similar problem as well. New to 10, but obvious really. Thanks.

Stevekir, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Thanks for the response - problem solved

Gerry Atric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Similar Threads - WiFi Internet Keeps

2. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello, my computer internet keeps disconnecting from the WiFi. I have to restart the computer to fix this issue. Day by day it's getting worse. I wonder anyone please help me out? I have a Hp laptop, Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2023OS build...
  3. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  4. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  5. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

6. Internet keeps on disconnecting

Internet keeps on disconnecting: In my house I have internet and use my computer but when I connect to it, it works but keeps on disconnecting in 1 minute later. I tried troubleshooting but it says nothing is wrong. After when I am on a mobile device the internet works fine with 4 bars when my computer has 2...
  7. Wifi Adapter keeps disconnecting from my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter keeps disconnecting from my internet: So recently i just got my self a new computer, a dell, and it brought a wifi adapter with it. I plug my adapter in, it connects to the wifi but when i download big files, anything above 1 MG, from steam or epic games it would disconnect. And what pisses me off is that if have...
  8. Wifi Adapter keeps disconnecting from my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter keeps disconnecting from my internet: So recently i just got my self a new computer, a dell, and it brought a wifi adapter with it. I plug my adapter in, it connects to the wifi but when i download big files, anything above 1 MG, from steam or epic games it would disconnect. And what pisses me off is that if have...
  9. wifi internet keeps disconnecting

wifi internet keeps disconnecting: The wifi connection to my laptop will disconnect but it will show 'connect, no internet'. It happens very often and comes back automatically after some time. It has been happening only to the laptops connected to that specific network-provided router. I also got to know that...
  10. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hi, first time ever on this sub so not sure if this is the correct place to mention my problems but will really appreciate any help because my issue is really annoying. Anyways, my internet on my laptop keeps disconnecting for like 2-3 mins every so often (not a specific...