Windows 10: WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selvakumararc, Aug 8, 2015.

1. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
    Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
    Selvakumar

:)

selvakumararc, Aug 8, 2015
  2. KurtGrau Win User

Apps In Windows 10 Not Working Properly

My audio way speeding up and slowing down and cracking after upgrading to Windows 10....method 3 fixed it.

Thanks....

KurtGrau, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Internet speed on pc slows down ,when simultaneously connects on mobile

Dear Microsoft, when i connects internet on my mobile through wi fi ,the internet on my pc which connected through LAN cable ,internet speed drastically slows down .and whn i put wifi off ,the internet speed restored on pc .i am using winows 10 .plz guide
    me .thank you

dr

raviagarwalyo, Aug 8, 2015
  4. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
    The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
    Selvakumar R

selvakumararc, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Vishnu Win User
    Hi ,

I have the same problem, but when i try to update the network drivers from device manager->update drivers> update software using web, its saying 'The Best driver for your device is already installed'.
    How did you install the latest versions of your drivers. I tried searching for the latest drivers in HP site, but i says win 10 updates will be available only using windows update option. So i couldn't find any updated drivers there.
    I am using HP Notebook and my network drivers are 'Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter', i tried searching for these driver in net, but couldn't find any.

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Vishnu, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Hi Vishnu,
    I did the following steps to solve the network slow response issue.
    1. Uninstall the Anti virus from the system (for me antivirus causing some network related issue)
    2. Windows update from update and security settings.
    3. Then I updated the each and every device software from the device manager especially realtek software.
    After that I restarted the machine and it works fine. This is worked for me but not sure it will help you.

Thanks
    Selvakumar R

selvakumararc, Aug 12, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Go to HP Customer support site, select Software and Drivers tab, download the driver for your model, uninstall the current driver in Device manage and install the new driver. You may not find Win10 drivers but either Win8 or 8.1 drivers will work.
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

brummyfan, Aug 12, 2015
  8. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

I had the same problem.
    After trying many suggestions on the internet I found one that solved my problem. I took more than a week to solve but now I'm happy.
    On my case the problem was the security wifi protocol. I was using AES and changed to TKIP. For me there is no reason to this to work, but solved my problem.
    Hope it helps.

ThiagoNugnezi, Aug 18, 2015
  9. TKIP reduces Encryption than AES. However, U gain speed then u are good to go.

Mohammedrocks70, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

1. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WIFI Internet speed

2. wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones: helloi have a dell laptop which i bought in 2018from the past few days whenever i connect my bluetooth headphones my wifi speed slows down and ping goes higher my normal speed is:- 50mbps and 10 ms pingbut after connecting bluetooth headphones it goes 5 mbps and 100 ms...
  3. Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.: Hello! I have an old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that I just now upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Ever since I did that the wifi speed seems to be going down. It's a pretty significant difference, the movies and yt videos start buffering every couple minutes/seconds and it...
  4. My internet speed slowed down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet speed slowed down.: So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not expecting a sudden bump to a beefy 500 mbps. So that's how my internet was for a while, at a beefy 500 mbps, until today... My...
  5. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep: I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed slows down to 2 Mbps. I don't know what is happening. I reset my laptop and the problem still persists. I don't know what to...
  6. Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed: I have a rather fast internet connection, can't really tell the tech stuff as I am not that techsavvy. But lately everytime an update is ready to be installed, my internet is extremely slow for some reason, most of the time when I install updates it always says "Undoing...
  7. internet speed slowed right down after installing windows 10 1903 may 2019 upgrade.

internet speed slowed right down after installing windows 10 1903 may 2019 upgrade.: Everything still the same but since installing the 1903 update connection to all sites has slowed right down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-slowed-right-down-after-installing/cf6125a6-4f25-4673-adee-4da6a57daacc
  8. Slow internet speeds after fully upgrading windows 10

Slow internet speeds after fully upgrading windows 10: after fully upgrading windows 10 to 1809 my internet speeds go down to 100ish up and 10 down, on a fresh version of windows before updating anthing im getting my full speeds of 800+ down and 50 up. have tried the following,tried all of this...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...