Windows 10: WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes...

Discus and support WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So the problem is that I get 1-6 mbps by Speedtest, but it should be 100 mbps. I have Asus K501UQ, with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheCookieCorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes...

So the problem is that I get 1-6 mbps by Speedtest, but it should be 100 mbps.
    I have Asus K501UQ, with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265. After uninstalling the device's driver windows installs the most suitable driver, I connect to my network and get my 100 mbps. BUT when I shut down my laptop it shows me previous 1-6 mbps.

I have the same laptop with the same wireless card and it shows the same results.

Booting with Ubuntu LiveUSB is OK, solid 100 mbps. Then I boot to Windows and it gives me the same solid 100 mbps. But after a while 1-6 mbps.

My iPhone SE always give me 40-50 mbps, in the time when my laptop shows 1-6 and 100 mbps. So I don't think it's the router or provider's issue.

I can't even understand how to google this problem and can't say, whether it's adapter's issue or WIndows. How can I check where the problem goes from? Maybe some tips? It's very annoying.

Quick note: Sometimes, when you go to "update & security" and force to update windows, it downloads something, intalls, then reboots and speed shows you 100 mbps. If that's the problem (that windows is always downloading updates) then why it's doing it every day delaying my workflow?

:)

TheCookieCorn, Jul 28, 2018

2. Slow Internet Over Wifi. Only Internet Speed Weirdly Slowed.

Hi, Microsoft.

Wireless Environment Details

Previously, I am using Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 in my Dell laptop with overall environment details as below,

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Wifi adapter, using 5Ghz band at 433Mbps.
    • Using Asus RT-AC68U, performing 600Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1300Mbps (5GHz).
    • Subscribing fiber optic 300Mbps ISP speed.
    Problem Statements

I am facing internet speed throttled over Wifi but not wired LAN connection. The speed throttled below than 100Mbps during downloading. The Wifi weirdly throttled the internet speed only but not local network file transfer over wireless.

Test Methods and Problem Analysis.

• The laptop and router range within 2 meters away.
    • No multiple devices connected to the router during the test.
    • DNS set in router is Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8
    • My laptop using default Windows 10 Firewall and set network to "Private".
    • No VPN were used nor installed.
    • All hardwares installed with latest drivers from Dell website.
    • All networking speed monitored using Resource Monitor.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over Wifi. Speed slowed down less than 100Mbps.
    • I have a desktop PC too, using Windows 10 and LAN cable connection to router.
    • Transferring files from desktop PC to Asus router and finally wireless to my laptop.
      FULL SPEED around 400Mbps.
    • This is so odd. Wireless file transfer over local network can be full speed but internet over wireless slowed. Obviously not Wifi adapter problem.
    • I decided to further test the router hardware.
    • Download files from internet into desktop PC over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet over smartphone and tablet (both Android and iOS) wireless.
      FULL SPEED at 300Mbps. Obviously not router problem too.
    • So I narrowed down the problem only can be Windows 10. Can you help me identify the problems?

Kent Ong Kean Seng, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes...

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes...

1. WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes... - Similar Threads - WiFi Internet Speed

2. Good internet speed but slow download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good internet speed but slow download.: Hi,My internet works just fine and my download speed is 530 mbps ~ 66 MB/s, but when I try to download any app/game the net used is so low and hardly gets to 10 MB/s. I already know the disk is not the problem becouse its usage its corresponding with what it should be the...
  3. Good internet speed but slow download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good internet speed but slow download.: Hi,My internet works just fine and my download speed is 530 mbps ~ 66 MB/s, but when I try to download any app/game the net used is so low and hardly gets to 10 MB/s. I already know the disk is not the problem becouse its usage its corresponding with what it should be the...
  4. Good internet speed but slow download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  6. Very slow wifi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow wifi speed: All of a sudden this week, my pcs wifi speeds have gone incredibly low and i can no longer run any online game without massive lag spikes. Although, when i do a wifi speed test online, this seems fine and on any other device in my house the wifi is perfect.Ive searched so...
  7. Very slow wifi speed

8. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  9. WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast

WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast: I have 3 Windows 10 machines, including one laptop/tablet. I can get Internet download speeds of 63 mbps and upload speeds of 11 mbps on my laptop using a 802.11N connection with a DLink DIR-842 router. The router's specs are AC1200 Speeds (up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps...
  10. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10: I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web...