Windows 10: wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

Discus and support wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wifi stop working after up gradation from windows 7 to windows 10 on lenovo laptop, wifi remain in disabled state even after installing the wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PCTechnocrat, Jul 30, 2018.

1. wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

Wifi stop working after up gradation from windows 7 to windows 10 on lenovo laptop, wifi remain in disabled state even after installing the wifi device driver

:)

PCTechnocrat, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Jul 30, 2018
  4. wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

1. wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on... - Similar Threads - wifi working lenovo

2. WIFI says it is not working in Lenovo Vantage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI says it is not working in Lenovo Vantage: Hi, I have a Legion 5i Pro 16IAH7H and every time when I open Lenovo Vantage it says this :see picture. I have connected to a WIFI and it still says this. I tried reinstalling the app, but no luck. Please help me, "without" internet I can't log in to my Lenovo account....
  3. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: hello, i am a user of windows 10 pro. but from last some time ethernet connection is working properly but wifi is not working nicely. it keeps on disconnecting again and again and makes trouble. please help me...
  4. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: HELLO ' I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO. FROM THE LAST SOME MONTHS WIFI IS NOT WORKING ON MY PC BUT WHEN I PLUG A ETHERNET CABLE THE INTERNET STARS WORKING. THE WIFI DISCONNECTES AGAIN AND AGAIN AND SHOWS NO INTERNET INSPITE OF INTERNET DATA LEFT. PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE TO...
  5. WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home: Dear MSCS I have been asking this question for a few weeks now and right now am awaiting for two network cards as a final solution, if it will work, but my issue concerns my WiFi and finding out why when I come home from college and using the WiFi there. Why is it when I...
  6. Wifi not working after upgrading windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi not working after upgrading windows 10 version 2004: Hello, After updating windows 10 to version 2004 my laptop is unable to connect to wifi it shows as not connected. But when i open any browser it loads means internet via wifi working in browsers but system application not getting internet....
  7. wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely: wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely . how to use both fast boot and wifi ? i reinstalled the driver but nothing happen [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc: Hi all, I recently upgraded my PC. Prior to this upgrade my windows 10 was working flawlessly, with no activation issues. Since I upgraded Windows the product key tied to my account has stopped working. I am signed in with my microsoft account that has the product key, and...
  9. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  10. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7: I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works...