Windows 10: Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

Discus and support Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertoWsd, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far.
    The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it was not possible to access the network.
    I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi driver, I deleted the network profile that was registered by entering again with the network name and password and even then sometimes tries to connect and can not get the message: Unable to connect to this network.
    I have already been on devices and I have already cleared the option "The computer can turn off this device to save energy, but without result.
    The only way I have been able to temporarily solve the problem when it happens is that it does not always happen at one time or another, it's clicking on the name of my neighbor's network (which opens), so it takes a few minutes Or two) and connects. Then I click on the name of my network and I can connect. Even this sometimes does not work.
    What seems to help me connect is when I hibernate.
    *The name of the device I have on my laptop is Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n COMBO PCI-E NIC and this drive is up to date.
    This problem does not happen when I used the windows 10 anniversary update.

Has anyone had a similar problem and can you give me a hint how to solve this?

Thank you.

:)

RobertoWsd, Jun 19, 2017

2. BSOD Windows 10 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys) Dump files attached

Hey! Your issue is about your WiFi driver. Try updating it from your PC vendor site or if this happen after a large update to Creators Upgrade, try reverting back, might your WiFi isn't ready for this build.

MarkJonaldDela Cruz, Jun 19, 2017
  3. WiFi connection unstable and won't correct itself.

Have you recently upgraded to Version 1703 Creators Update? Check at Settings>System>About.

If not then many problems are being solved by manually upgrading by installing

Media Creation Tool
    and choosing to Upgrade Now. This is worth a try since you must upgrade eventually anyway as this is the way the Service Packs are now being delivered.

If this is v.1703 there are issues with Wifi on some PC's that are resolved following

How to fix Wi-Fi problems on the Windows 10 Creators Update • PUREinfoTech

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

Hi everyone,

I found this site and thread because I have been driving myself batty trying to fix the same issue Roberto is having. I have tried the same things and it still seems to be an issue. Everything was fine before I updated my laptop to Win 10 Creators.

Thanks for any help.

Charlie

Charlie Ricker, Jun 21, 2017
  5. As a follow-up, I discovered I had to re-download an updated driver for my wi-fi adapter and had to open device manager as an admin. I then updated the driver, and so far my wifi seems much more stable. Hopefully that will be the end of this issue.

I'm guessing when I updated to Win 10 Creators, it rolled back to the original driver for the wifi adapter.

Charlie

Charlie Ricker, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I had a similar problem after installing Creators Update - I was failing to reconnect after resuming from hibernate.

I reconnect reliably now in 1703. I went into Device Manager, looked at the Properties of my Wireless Network Adapter and on its Power Management tab turned ON 'allow the computer to turn of this device to save power' (I'd had it unticked in 1607). Seems counter-intuitive, but it worked.

7. I followed the hint of leaving the option 'allow the computer to turn this device to save power' checked. Even so, sometimes after I turn off the laptop and after some time (15 minutes or more) it sometimes connects as soon as the login screen is displayed, in others I have to either delete the network profile and re-enter the password. I wait a few seconds and sometimes connect directly other I have to repeat the process of re-entering with the password.
    I just do not understand why this happens. Before updating to Creator's Update everything was going well.

RobertoWsd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

1. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update. - Similar Threads - Wifi issue upgrading

2. WiFi issues with Creators Update v2 network disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi issues with Creators Update v2 network disconnection: PC: HP Probook 450 G2 NIC Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Refer to PB.Anton's post here I was just about to post a success story about a solution to WiFi disconnection when my PC stuttered as I was writing this post. After an update in March2020 the PC WiFi was perpetually...
  3. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  4. Graphics Issues after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Issues after Creators Update: I run 3 monitors with my system: Monitor 1 (HP LE2201w) is driven via graphics card VGA output at 1050x1680 resolution. Monitor 2 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card DisplayPort output at 2560x1440 resolution. Monitor 3 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card...
  5. Brightness Issue after creators update.

Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...
  6. Windows 10 Creators Update issues

Windows 10 Creators Update issues: Hi I am not sure where i can post this issue. I was runninh anniversary update and updated to creators using assistant. Now when i go to file explorer i can see some icons but some the icons are missing on all drives. All i can see is folder icon on some but no text is...
  7. Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update: Computer did automatic update to Creators update 2 days ago and ever since my wifi keeps dropping internet every 5-10 mins randomly. I cant find any updated drivers for my laptop. I am using Toshiba C55T-A5102 with a realtek RTL8188EE wireless lan . I have disabled the...
  8. Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator: I have just updated to Win10 Creator and experiencing some problems with the screen saver. The screen saver starts after the designated time, and displays my photographs in a random order. All good stuff ... it is performing exactly as it should. Normally, any key...
  9. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  10. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...