Windows 10: Wifi issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Wifi issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 from last 3 months my wifi was working fine. Last week it stopped working on my laptop but it's working fine on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ankita, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Ankita Win User

Wifi issues on Windows 10

I have been using Windows 10 from last 3 months my wifi was working fine. Last week it stopped working on my laptop but it's working fine on other devices. It first connects, work for few minutes then show limited access. I tried using ethernet cable, the Internet is working on my laptop thru it. I have updated the drivers, reinstalled them but no luck. I also tried changing the ip address, troubleshooting n using command prompt but nothing worked. Please help me resolve the issue.

:)

Ankita, Nov 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Waseemulla S, Nov 14, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Does Device Manager show a yellow exclamation mark on the wireless adapter?

5. Ankita Win User
    No it doesn't

Ankita, Nov 16, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Have you tried rebooting the Gateway/Modem for your Internet to flush out the DNS/IP Table on it. Limited connections are usually caused by the Gateway/Router having a IP conflict, or other issue that it cannot resolve.

bro67, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Ankita Win User
    Yes I did that still the same problem ... The wifi is working on my phone n other devices. It's also working on laptop thru ethernet cable but not thru wifi

Ankita, Nov 25, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Try going through the Winsock reset, etc? There is a Farbar tool over on bleepingcomputer.com that resets the Network stuff, that has worked for people.

bro67, Nov 26, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Run the following commands and see if it fixes it in a elevated admin command prompt:
    Code: netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset netsh int ipv6 reset netsh winsock reset[/quote] If it still doesn't work then, right click start menu -> Network Connections then right click on the WiFi adapter and click Properties, then post screenshot(s) of everything under "This connection uses the following items".

Almighty1, Nov 26, 2015
  10. Ankita Win User
    Tried running this command prompt it worked for a while but now it's again showing limited access. Here's the screenshot
    Wifi issues on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Wifi issues on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Ankita, Nov 26, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 26, 2015
  12. Almighty1 Win User
    Good point about ipv6. With Windows XP, I had problems with ipv6 enabled even with wired connections without ipv6 on the ISP. Works fine in Win7 and 10 but you never know as it depends how the ISP implements ipv6.

Almighty1, Nov 27, 2015
  13. nine09 Win User

I have the same problem. My guess is that it has something to do with the latest windows updates. I used to have this problem when I first installed windows 10 RTM a while back, but now the problem is back again...

nine09, Nov 27, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    That has to stay enabled if they use Homegroup.

bro67, Nov 27, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    More likely the adapter. You can get the Intel mini-PCIe 7260 for $30 from CDW, etc. Plus you will be able to use Wireless-ac. On your Gateway/Access Point. Make sure that it is set for 40 mhz Channel Bandwidth, Wireless-n only. Check to see if Channels 1 & 5 are not congested and try 1 for main channel, Upper Channel if not able to set a specific one, set for Upper Channel.

The 2230 has had a long standing history of being a bad chipset. Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230 conectivity issue! | Intel Communities

bro67, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Wifi issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wifi issues

2. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  3. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  4. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  6. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  7. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wifi driver missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  9. Wifi driver missing and other issues

Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  10. WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.: I am currently encountering an issue with the WiFi adapter on my Windows 11 Pro system, which was recently updated from Windows 10 Pro. Whenever my device is connected to a WiFi router or hotspot, and I either restart or turn off the router, Windows automatically disables the...