Windows 10: Wifi keeps closing the on switch

Discus and support Wifi keeps closing the on switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have been getting this fora while now do some stuff on the machine and then comeback after a couple of hours to find wifi shut off in settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ICIT2LOL, May 19, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Wifi keeps closing the on switch

Have been getting this fora while now do some stuff on the machine and then comeback after a couple of hours to find wifi shut off in settings.

Updates are up to date so anyone got any idea what the heck is going on??

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 19, 2017

2. Hate my 808 Wifi keeps closing the on switch :(

Ive tried all that!

Nearly managed to get the store updated, it downloaded like 90% of the update then switched off wifi. This is after trying 25+ times!!!

I will keep trying as it was so close last time, im sure it will eventually get to 100% before switching off wifi if i just keep trying.......

I still prefer Anna over Belle, im glad i never updated my N8 to Belle!!

yellow_fto, May 19, 2017
  3. JakeL645 Win User
    Question about nokia 5800 WIFI and e-mail (2 different questions)

Allright as for WIFI:

I connect to my wifi at home, and it stays connected good. And then randomly, say a minute or so later when Im browsing the internet on my phone or whatever, it turns the wifi off and switches to the mobile broadband :smileymad: is there some setting to
    keep it using wifi?

As for the e-mail:

the email application works, but as soon as i click connect to mailbox, it crashes and closes. I have no clue why it does that :smileysurprised: it worked fine before and then randomly started doing that....help!

JakeL645, May 19, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

If it's not the normal standard power save setting in the adaptor settings being set on to reduce power usage by switching off power to the adaptor - this is default set to on on any new install, then it will likely be some 3rd party application possibly installed with the driver for the same purpose

check in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Barman58, May 19, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Nigel now I am not real sure of this sort of stuff as networking is not one of my areas of much knowledge about . In the pic it is showing the wifi connected and I am wondering is there a setting in settings that you are referring to that I should change.

Sorry I'm just not sure what to do when I get to that screen?

ICIT2LOL, May 20, 2017
  6. Golden Win User
    Wifi keeps closing the on switch [​IMG]

Golden, May 20, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Colin but if I highlight that wifi connection then go to the tab you show it only offers me the ability to rename it I don't get those other options - am I hitting the right tab in that window??

ICIT2LOL, May 20, 2017
  8. Golden Win User

Right-click on the connection

Golden, May 20, 2017
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok mate I did that twice before because I thought that was where those options yo showed in your pic would be but in the pic is what I get .

There is one that is not ticked could that be the problem??

I have also made the signal strength even stronger putting on some parabolic reflectors (38 - 79Mbs) to see if it was not just dropping out from lack of signal strength but am wondering it does shut off the settings

ICIT2LOL, May 20, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    do not mess around with the protocol list - Click on configure, there should then be a number of tabs, one is power - usually the last - the check box on this tab needs to be off

Barman58, May 20, 2017
  11. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Nigel have found that now and unticked turn off in pic I didn't know I had to go to configure hopefully all will good now so thanks again to you bot I really appreciate it because it was driving me nuts.

Now to build a larger parabolic reflector because I only used two Pepsi cans as I saw in a youtube and the signal strength it so much higher at least double - well if that is assuming they are working eh? will soon see if I can get thet signal up to 100Mbs that would be fantastic.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi keeps closing the on switch - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps closing

2. Settings keeps closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings keeps closing: I run Windows update 3 days ago and now I got a problem with my Settings. It wont open properly and keeps closing after some seconds. I dont have an option to do system restore or uninstall updates since I run disk clean up on my PC to free some space that I need. I cant make...
  3. Screen keeps freezing while switching or closing games/software in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen keeps freezing while switching or closing games/software in windows 11: Hi,I build my new PC this month and sometime while switching from one software to another or pressing windows key while playing games e.g. Valorant or closing game the screen suddenly freezes. I can move the cursor and can hear sound.Tried ctrl+alt+del but nothing happens. I...
  4. Screen keeps freezing while switching or closing games/software in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen keeps freezing while switching or closing games/software in windows 11: Hi,I build my new PC this month and sometime while switching from one software to another or pressing windows key while playing games e.g. Valorant or closing game the screen suddenly freezes. I can move the cursor and can hear sound.Tried ctrl+alt+del but nothing happens. I...
  5. Wifi Icon keeps switching.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Icon keeps switching.: So I'll give a little back story first... last night I had to reset my router completely and then add the network back to my laptop and put in the password and all that. Now the icon for my wifi keeps switching between the monitor looking thing to the signal bars icon. As you...
  6. Wifi button can't switch WiFi on

Wifi button can't switch WiFi on: I have tried all troubleshooting methods but the wifi button on my laptop has failed to turn my wifi on even if my battery percentage is above 50%. I tried to set it up to switch on manually after an hour but it still failed to turn on and when l tried to use the system to...
  7. wifi switches on and off

wifi switches on and off: Hi My wifi keeps turning off an on. In the event viewer this is what I'm seeing. I had a provider technician come out and spend 3 hours looking at the building connections and tried a bunch of other stuff and there isn't anything he can see that is any longer an issue. Can...
  8. WiFi will not switch on.

WiFi will not switch on.: Hi Friday updated win 10, also Firefox updated followed immediately by a Firefox won a iphone for £1 ignored that. 2 hrs later screen poped up screeming noise and could not remove/open etc. So switch off computer. Restarted computer and everything was working fine for an hour...
  9. wifi keeps switching from private to public

wifi keeps switching from private to public: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem on my laptop (Windows 10 home, ver 1803). My wireless connection worked for a year and a half without any problems, but this morning it suddenly switched from private to public and its name from the right one to "unidentified...
  10. wifi switched off not on

wifi switched off not on: Hello Dear sir Today my self installed newly window 10. in net work connections my pressed network reset button after that wifi is switch off never that on so pls give solution ....