Windows 10: Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update

Discus and support Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computer did automatic update to Creators update 2 days ago and ever since my wifi keeps dropping internet every 5-10 mins randomly. I cant find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jscarano, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jscarano Win User

Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update

Computer did automatic update to Creators update 2 days ago and ever since my wifi keeps dropping internet every 5-10 mins randomly. I cant find any updated drivers for my laptop. I am using Toshiba C55T-A5102 with a realtek RTL8188EE wireless lan . I have disabled the wireless lan , uninstalled the the wifi card and reinstalled in device manager, rebooted router, but still it drops randomly. Any tips would be great . Thanks

:)

jscarano, Jul 14, 2017
  2. cat55 Win User

no wifi driver in Network Adapter

After I update windows 10 to Windows creator, my laptop wifi is dropping consistently. Then, I recovery to prior version, but wifi driver is gone from Network Adapter. I want to get the Wifi driver back, but don't know how to do that.

Thanks for any help

***Moderator completed the thread category***

cat55, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Wifi keeps dropping out (after Windows 10 update)

"The idiot suggesting Ethernet, We did not buy a Laptop/Notebook to become a Desktop. We did not buy a Laptop/Notebook to become tied down. "

Not everybody is working on a laptop buddy. Branding someone an idiot because they found a solution that doesn't work for you is just rude and uncalled for. For me, switching to a powerline internet adapter made a problem
    that had been bogging me down for a year go away. I also get the full 100+ mb/sec speed that my modem is capable of. Wifi never gave me a third of that speed.

Sorry, sounds pretty smart to me. Perfect internet that never goes down. For me, I'm kind of happy that I didn't solve it on that computer because this is a way better solution for ME.

Hopefully Microsoft will be able to solve your problem but please don't judge people that you don't know, just because they found a solution that doesn't work in your particular situation...just saying.

WardCameron, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey jscarano,
    What's the driver date ?

You can try ...
    Device Manager > The Realtek rtl8188ee Properties > Power Management > Uncheck the Allow Computer to Turn Off This Device.
    Different driver from MS catalog.
    Microsoft Update Catalog

Eagle51, Jul 14, 2017
  5. jscarano Win User
    Driver date is 5/31/2017. I have the allow the computer to turn off device turned off. It was still dropping last night still. I'll try that driver page from MS catalog and see if that will help. Thanks

jscarano, Jul 14, 2017
  6. Do other devices drop as well? If not, use an older driver to see if the issue is resolved.

theveterans, Jul 14, 2017
  7. jscarano Win User
    Im using at wifi driver from 10-16-2016 and it seems to working. Haven't dropped in two days so I guess I fixed it. Thanks for the tips.

jscarano, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps dropping

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  5. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  6. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My WIFI keeps Dropping

My WIFI keeps Dropping: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and few months back I encountered a problem in which my WIFI randomly disconnects and my WIFI SSID stops showing in the discoverable networks and to reconnect i have switch the airplane mode 2 - 3 times to get it back on or disconnect and...
  8. Wifi keeps dropping to 0kbps

Wifi keeps dropping to 0kbps: I have been having issues with my internet connection. It frequently drops to 0kbps for maybe 3 seconds at a time. When I say frequently I mean every 10 seconds it does this. This issue doesn't happend to any other device connected to my router. It is only my computer. For...
  9. WIFI keeps dropping

WIFI keeps dropping: Hello there. In the past 2-3 weeks or so, the wifi on my desktop device has been disconnecting itself for a minute or two. Bear in mind, this issue has never shown itself in all the time that i have used my Desktop. I use a network adapter to connect to the internet ASUS...
  10. Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update

Wifi drops whenever screen shuts off when AFK after creators update: Hello, After the creators update, my wifi will often drop whenever I AFK long enough for the screen to shut off and go to lockscreen. The wifi would reconnect if I "wake" the computer to enter password, but this causes any app I'm using that uses internet to disconnect...